I just recorded a new demo song, "What Is Freedom For?"

by Greybeard 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
  • Greybeard
    Greybeard
    Is there anyone out there who can master this, set the levels right?
  • cappytan
    cappytan

How many tracks are there? In what environment did you record this?

That hiss is pretty pronounced and I'm not sure that it can be mastered out without affecting either the vocals or the guitar, depending on which track it is on.

There's also a lot of reverb on the vocals. Is that room noise or was that intentional in the original recording? Was that reverb perhaps put on after recording? Was there some kind of filter placed on the vocal track? It sounds almost as if a high-pass filter was placed on it.

Depending on your answers to these questions will determine if the levels can be mastered to improve the quality.

• flipper
    flipper
    GREYBEARD- Nice singing voice you have. Nice song as well. I agree with Cappytan if you can get with somebody that can take the hiss out of the recording with the studio situation you are recording in- that would be a good thing. Nice job. I like it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • hoser
    hoser

Same as what cappytan said.

If I was going to take a project like this on it would have to be individual tracks to see what could be done then remixed and mastered.

Great voice btw

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I recorded it at home on Garageband. I did clean it up a bit on this mix: https://soundcloud.com/greggstevens/what-is-freedom-for

I took my friends guitar playing off soundcloud by recording it through the speakers. Yes I know I need to redo it. I was wondering if it is possible to clean some of it up. Maybe not.

Thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit