I confronted my JW friend about what I learned here today and.......

by worldtraveller 7 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I asked my JW friend today why Witnesses shun people including family. He said that the people here (this blog) are all posessed by the devil and that they certainly do not practice this. I said it would be very juvenile if they did. Who's lying?

I asked him if he was aware if the WTS had stocks in Randcam-Regis- a weapons delivery system company. Is it true, and how can I prove it?

I asked him if he was aware of the pedphaelia lawsuits that were recently settled. He said he was unaware of any, but did not deny anything there.

Pretty much everything that was discussed today (from here) is rubbish from disgruntled people trying to settle a score.

His final comment was-"prove it" , and all the answers to my questions are in the bible.

OK people-here's your chance-please give me sincere evidence to these and other problems with the society. No rambling on. Just facts so I can present them clearly, and undeniably. Some scripture is good to make the point.

Remember, my friend is totally convinced that he is right on track.

Also remember that I am not here to stir up things. I just want to learn. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    He said that the people here (this blog) are all posessed by the devil and that they certainly do not practice this

that is funny. if you could, can you be a little more specific in what you need. there is so much information, and so much explaining, it would take multiple books. a web blog is way to small to hold all the information neded. it would look like a bunch of postings from jc........well, you all know the rest.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

world, you have a p.m.

• changeling
    changeling

May I suggest you check out the "best of" section of this forum. You may find answers and documentation there that will help you.

changeling

• horrible life
    horrible life

Most JW's don't call it shunning. They call it disfellowship.

I don't think you have anything to prove here. It is a fact. Ask him what happenes if a baptised Jw, has sex, outside of marriage, has a child, outside of marriage, or smokes, etc.....

They are disfellowshipped. Would he have them over for dinner? I think not. They are not to talk, or fellowship with them what-so-ever.

• choosing life
    choosing life

How would he know if the people here are "possessed of the devil?" Has he been here or met any of us. Maybe he should prove it.

I can't provide you with scans, but I am sure someone can. As far as disfellowshipping goes, I have had 2 children disfellowshipped and they told us we could not talk with them or ever go out with them to a store or movie. Also, we are not to eat a meal with them. Doing so, can result in the disfellowshipping of us, the parents.

They like to pretend like such things don't happen, but when it happens to your family it is pretty hard to deny. That wakes you up really quick. I had a witness stop by here recently who had just been reinstated, that means they are no longer shunned. She came by to tell me she could talk to me now. If it wasn't true, why would she be behaving in such a manner?

• oompa
    oompa

Where are all the demons anyway? They were all over the place in Jesus day. If there are possesd people here it seems our loving brothers would log on, find em, and expell those demons just like the first century Christians did. we do follow their lead.

back to my ouiji board.....oompa

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I asked my JW friend today why Witnesses shun people including family. He said that the people here (this blog) are all posessed by the devil and that they certainly do not practice this. I said it would be very juvenile if they did. Who's lying?

Pretty much everything that was discussed today (from here) is rubbish from disgruntled people trying to settle a score.

As for the shunning thing, the 'problem' there is that (when it comes to family) it's practiced differently from family to family, and/or congregation to congregation. However - when it comes to disfellowshipped or disassociated people in general, the JWs of course do teach that you should not have anything to do with them at all, or say 'Hi' to them if you run into them (unless maybe if it's in a professional capacity, like if you work at the same workplace and have to cooperate with them in order to do a job).

-Do not think they won't be able to show you scriptures to support this, though. When you're an active Witness, the Bible is the absolute authority (as interpreted by the WBTS), and so anything goes as long as they can find support for it in the Bible, and the argument stops there (as far as they're concerned). And they do have scriptures they like to quote to show that disfellowshipping and 'shunning' is the correct thing to do (for instance 2. John 9-11). Explaining that this is a cruel practice isn't going to get you far with most JWs, as it's in the Bible, and therefore from God (also remember that the Organization is from God as well, so whatever they say goes). They do probably think those who have "fallen away" (like the people here) are "to some degree" demon possessed; there are scriptures they use in order to show this, like 1. Ti 4:1 (many of the scriptures they use are out of context, though). Evolution theory and any other theory or thought that may challenge the Bible (or their understanding of it) is regarded as demon inspired ideas, made in order to deceive God's people (2 Pet. 2:1,2). They shouldn't even have contact with people who defend those ideas (Rom 16:17,18). So it's not easy to break out of the JWs with all this in the back of your head, as anything from the outside that goes against what they believe is deemed to be demon inspired, and shouldn't be looked into. Some may look into it anyway, and I'm sure a few active JWs believe (in secrecy) in evolution for instance (at least to some degree), but they won't say that in public in that case. They are "waiting on Jehovah" to sort the doubts out. Funny how he doesn't do that now, since he has an organization he could do it through... I personally haven't looked too deeply into the UN NGO or the stocks in weapon industry, because those are not the reasons I have for dismissing the JWs. Those things are but a "bonus" to me, to show how human the organization really is. From a JWs point of view though, those things are for the most part made up, half truths, lies, or exaggerations, made in order to "beat their fellow servants" (Mat 24:48 - 50). Don't underestimate a JW and think they won't have answers (from the Bible). If it's one thing they're good at, it's slapping scripture in your face to prove their point. You have to take that power away from them, but that's a whole 'nother subject. -Again - not an easy org to get out of. (above scriptures were found in "Reasoning From the Scriptures")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit