Prince

by veen 6 Replies latest jw friends

• veen
    veen

So I went to see Prince in concert last night. He was pretty good, but not at his best, and there was none of the witnessing crap that he's exhibited at past gigs.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do ya think he may have stepped out of the fog?

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I went to see him 2 weeks ago, not my cup of tea, my wife wanted to see him. He is certainly very very talented. He did bang on about God and the bible a little in his last song, but no witness stuff though.

• veen
    veen

I think he's in his own delusional miasma.

• noontide
    noontide

I’ve liked his music ever since I was little and could sneak his cassettes into my house. He is a very talented musician, but I realize he is not everyone’s cup of tea. I’ve been to 7 of his concerts and it’s interesting to see his musical/spiritual evolution. His music has always straddled the spiritual side of things so when he started studying with the Witnesses it did not surprise me.

We fell for the Witness banter once, didn’t we? So did he. Let’s hope he learns the truth about the truth.

• Sheri
    Sheri

I believe his Mother is a Witness, not sure if she is still alive, but he was raised around the JW mindset and I think lost of his child had a lot to do with his finally joining. When I use to go to the hall saw him a couple times when he was in the islands. Last time when he got married in Hana. Too bad he fell for the "False". The actor Terrance Howard, also his Mother is a witness and the influence has been there for years. Read interview with him and he thinks it's the truth but not ready to conform to the rules, too bad he has to put himself down for the Boys in Brooklyn.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sheri - yes his mother was a JW. She passed away, and one of her last wishes was that her son become a JW. That wish was a motivation for Prince to study with Larry Graham and become a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit