• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

here's something from The Arts good study guide

Finally, be ready to recognise your needs as a human being:

Set out to get as much fun as you can

Mix tasks you don't enjoy with those you do

Don't drive yourself too hard - take a good break from time to time

Encourage your friends to flatter you when you feel low

I sat there thinking how against 'recognising your needs as human beings' the WBTS is. Basically it seems to me that they are against humanity - wouldn't you agree?

• free2think
    free2think

Good points QL, it seems that every one of those points is the opposite of how the borg tells us to act.

Enjoy your course.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes.

Like it or not, intentional or not, the WT is a soul-raping cult.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Exactly right.

Rape is about power and control and domination.

I think that the WT / GB are all about that.

• bluebell
    bluebell

yep definitly against humanity - especially this bit:

Don't drive yourself too hard - take a good break from time to time

if they stop driving the r&f to do more, they may find time to stop and think for themselves!

• esw1966
    esw1966
    how against 'recognising your needs as human beings' the WBTS is

Since getting out, I have noticed how Christianity is very much into addressing the needs of the heart and bringing a person into being whole!

They encourage you to listen to your heart. As a jw, I was drilled with, "don't listen to your heart! The heart is DESPERATE and WHO CAN TRUST IT?!!!" All that ended up being was, don't listen to your heart, even though it hurts and doesn't make sense to ignore your df'd family member. It was just more mind control!

I have never felt better in my life and I see it continuing and getting better and better! I have never been more loved in my life! Life is awesome and God is Great! I never had feelings like that before and I tried pretty hard as a jw to get that feeling. Now it is just a gift and not something I have to go after.

I shed a tear for my girls every week as I think of them trying to work so hard at a relationship with God and trying to fit into such a rigid, mind controlling, cult. Then to top it all off being viewed as dangerous and bad association and someone to never associate with.

I feel so bad for those in the hall... I was there once, 30 years! The last two have been the greatest and I have never felt closer to God. Leaving the deathgrip of a works oriented religion was the best thing I have ever done! I am in shock how great it has been after thinking jw was everything.

Much success to all!

Ethan

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I too have noticed how anti human nature the WTS is.

If we are created in God's image, then our human nature (as opposed to fallen nature) must by in his nature's image too.

We strive to create, so did he. he took a day of rest, yet we are told to get up early, put on a cheap suit, knock on doors, and sit for two hours getting mind numbed.

There is no way the God who created strawberries and puppies could be anything less than joyftul in my book, and I have yet to meet a more joyless bunch that the captives of the WT.

RD ( of the 'almost 500 posts' sheep class)

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a bleak set up, an org headed by a severe and vindictive God that is easy to anger, the JW brotherhood has no fraternal love or depth or any interesting culture, and everything revolves around preaching, toiling to reach high standards and false expectations.

Every JW knows that if in need s/he will be abandoned by the brotherhood and told to pray to jehovah for help.

Leaving such a toxic community and environment can only be a therapeutic move.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thank you all for your comments.

I'm doing my first year humanities and every time I pick up the good study guide I come across another nugget of self esteem, morale boosting material. The section on developing critical thinking skills is also amazing.

If anyone here is wondering what to study I'd reccommend the humanities degree. Its very plain to me why the WTS is so against further education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit