Bible story....Made up?

by arker 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• arker
    arker

When you think of a parent who has a misbehaved child. It is normal as they grow to feel they "know better than their parent. Does a good parent continue to let the child make bad choices and say " since you think you know it all lets just let you continue and see who's right?"

NO they correct them right a way and show them they are young and inexperienced. It is a normal life lesson growing up. So why would a god not do that for Satan, and Adam and Eve. Why would he say " fine Satan, we will let this go on and hurt billions of people for thousands of years just to prove I'm smarter and right."

Does this make sense? Doesn't common sense say that if it was a true story that god would of corrected Satan and Adam and Eve in the beginning of their error just as a parent would. If god's best attribute is love wouldn't love make him fix it then instead of letting harm come to all people for such a long period of time?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yes, but remember that we're talking about a bi-polar psychotic 'god'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• ronin1
    ronin1

All I can say is that my daughter (not a JW) but has started reading the My Book of Bible Stories publication to our grandsons, ages 2 and 5 was reading to them a couple of weeks ago and interjected that God says and want's children to be obedient to their parents.

Our 2 year old grandson than aptly asked: when did God tell you that mommy?

Well needless to say when she told me this I could not help but laugh. You see, my 2 year old grandson does not take anything on 'face value". He is definitely the 'doubting Thomas' and must have everything proved to him. Because he is definitely going through the 'terrible twos' he has no intention of being good or obedient all the time and wanted to actually know when God told my daughter this command.

Children as so smart...........................

Ronin1

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't know about Adam and Eve but Satan was a totally different kettle of fish since he was an angel and no doubt must have had a lot more experience understanding and maturity.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Kinda makes a person think, that just because a book like the bible was written many centuries ago doesn't make it claims of inspired true and to believe it all must be a true reporting of facts, inspired of god and automatically infailible (good god and sweet jesus). We all know ancient world had its biased way of reporting events, they gave god human atributes because that was the limitation of the imagination of the cultural conditioning. I think the budhist mythology, were way ahead, of the newly forming chrisitain mythology of some supreme male figure up above who is keeping score of what we all do individually even in more detail than our feable minds could imagine, and does this only out of love of the purest kind. They needed to split this god in to 2 and satan was formed in the process. This type of mythology creates a disturbance in the psychi by causing, a complete acceptance of a god that can give detailed laws to guide his people, in many ways even the type of clothes you can wear, what you can and can't eat(dietary), marriage problems and what have you,, this god likes to make rules,, accepting those rules taught by this particular myth makes the psyche and furthers the separation of world and believer I think the indians had some healthy mythology because it caused them to view all sacred and treat mother earth with respect.

• oompa
    oompa

What really get me is the slow/lack of discipline for this Satan guy. Adam and Eve were zapped into inperfection and the cruddy part of earth. Where is Satan? Attending a meeting with his buddy angels in the hood. So after losing the bet on Job, what happens to him? Still hangin wid da homies for a couple of thousand years!?!?! Doesn't even get kicked out til 1914? Just let him hang out as a super evil spirit and corrupt 1/3 of the angels.

wow.......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit