name change??

by isaacaustin 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hi

In the post on faith vs accurate knowledge writetoknow posted this:

"Upon gaining this accurate knowledge of the scriptures they can then be baptized into the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Although that organization may presently be under going a name change do to recent sex scandals plaguing the group."

Is there anything to this confirmed or is this speculation?

• Perry
    Perry

I remember them forming a new corporation a few years ago called "Jehovahs Christian Witnesses. " .....or something like that.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

is anything brewing now about another name change?

• yknot
    yknot

This one has been in the works for a long time. They wanted to use many years ago Jehovah's Christian Witnesses in the USA, but is already taken by a JW recovery ministry until recently...........In Europe they are frequently listed as European Association of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses as seen on the OSCE attendance records.

http://www.osce.org/documents/odihr/2006/10/21654_en.pdf

Also my understanding is that all spiritual dealing in the USA are under the organization of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

Hope this helps.

Y

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

My guess is that writetoknow was not mentioning a rumor nor speculating, but simply being iroinic.

S4

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Canadian parent organization officially changed it's charitable name a couple years back from:

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Canada

to

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Canada

Heaven knows why they made the change.

The individual congregations each have their own name and charitable registry, typically "XXXX Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses". I noted a few typos on the registry.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

There is no name change...those other names are for legal reasons only, to make a corparation run smoothly.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

There is a discussion on this forum under "watchtower name going away" The society of Jehovah's Witnesses has over the last hundred years change various names for legal reasons.

This becomes or should become a serious matter for people dedicating themselves into and oraganzation rather then being baptized in the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit. For some of us old enough to remember being correctly baptized meant eternal life.

Younger groups of JW's don't seem toget it, that is, how important it is not to dedicate one self to an organization but rather God.

The uses of the WatchTower and Bible Tract Society is being put away in favor of other names for legal reasons?

It seems strange that a Jehovah's Witnesses my be dedicating themselves to a legal corporation that will no longer be here in a few years. Where as God and His Son and the Holy Spirit will continue forever.

• fresia
    fresia

stay with me... rod stuart...get youreself home.... stay with me...so long baby ...

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

On gaining accurate knowledge, from whom? because the wbts certainly dont have it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit