The UN thing is a nail. A nail by itself wont hold the coffin lid closed unless *we* hammer it in. It takes many nails to keep the coffin lid closed for good. NO ONE ON THIS BOARD IS CAPABLE OF HAMERING IN ALL THE NAILS!!! Only the R&F JW can do this.
*** The Truth About the WT & UN ***
The WT joined the UN so they would have some political backing in matters that affect their members (France, Greece, Etc). Nothing wrong with this, the problem is that they denounce the UN in all their teachings.
*** How Can They Explain This to the R&F? ***
A) We joined the UN. When it went public, we quit because it didn't look good. This is the truth, but would cause too many problems.
B) We joined the UN for the above mentioned reasons, there is nothing wrong with this. Wrong answer, when they quit they showed by their actions that there was something wrong with joining the UN....Doh! that won't work.
C) An article will appear in the WT with a paragraph like: "In the past gods organization has worked with humanatarian organizations like the UN/DPI and the united brotherhood of OZ...." the next sentance will read "Wicked apostates hinder Gods organization from helping our brothers in lands where religous freedom is not allowed". This way, those in "camp A" that know nothing about the UN will not blink when presented with the UN thing, it will be easy to dismiss as apostate lies. Those in "Camp B" who know about the UN thing will be able to dismiss it easily. Remember loyal JW's give the benefit of the doubt to the WTS without hesitation. This is the way the WTS will handle the problem IMO. Our goal is to get some of those in "Camp B" to be suspicous and look for more info on the net.
*** What do we need to do? ***
1) Tell the average JW that the WTS joined the UN (#1 goal)
2) Tell the average JW that the WTS quit the UN (not required but nice)
3) We're not talking about 1914, 1975, military service, blood, or anyhting else not related to the UN issue.
*** Concepts ***
1) We want the average JW read the WT article already knowing the facts
2) The more people that know about the UN thing, the more people will question the WTS, this will fuel the rumor mill and begin the cycle of doubt (we need volume)
3) Newspaper articles and news stories would be great, but due to the subject matter its just not newsworthy IMO.
*** Why the Flag n Flyer Campaign Works ***
1) The average JW will see the UN flag and ask WHY would anyone hang a UN flag? Human nature is to be curious....
2) Seeing a flyer with the words UN on it will satisfy the curosity that seeing the UN flag creates...some will follow up
3) The flyers must be ever so carefully prepared. Its about the UN not 1975, 1914 or the color of mars. Simple wording "the WT joined the UN". Not judgemental, not inflamatory, JUST THE FACTS!
4) Placing a UN flag on the KH lawn is inflamatory and may be considered newsworthy (try putting a nazi flag *anyplace* and see how much news gets generated). This is not an disgusting symbol like a nazi flag, but it will be disturbing to some (american flag OK, UN...hmmmm). With luck (or a few well placed phone calls) it may make the news.
Getting a major news story may work, but the flag n flyer campaign is a sure thing.