HAPLOGROUP

by worldtraveller 3 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

When you all get a chance to read about this, it is quite interesting.

To make a long story short, DNA has been studied and there is sufficient evidence to show that the origin of man is not from the middle east, but is in fact from central Africa. What was found is that people migrated north, then west. It stated that 75% of people are originally from a Jewish background after the northerly trek. This was traced back in time long before Adam and Eve.

For more info you can watch the episode of The Colbert Report. It repeats at 2 pm on the west on the Comedy Network, and on CTV at 4 pm, here in Canada later today.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

You can get your own checked here... https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/

I've had mine done.

It is very impressive, but only as accurate as the remains that have already been discovered... but that keeps it interesting because when new remains are discovered that share some of your DNA, you get to discover another step in your journey.

• ninja
    ninja

ah DNA....the national dyslexic association......power to their elbow

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I saw that episode, I think they were referring to Stephen's haplogroup, not everyones. IIRC there were 4 subgroups in his haplogroup, and 3 of them were of jewish origin, then they stopped there for the comedic effect of Colbert pondering his potential Jewish ancestry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit