A lovely birthday dinner party

by Madame Quixote 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Yesterday, when I got up and saw all the emptiness in the yard, I felt very alone. The loss of my friend set in, with the sight of empty spaces where all of his machining, working tables and tools once stood. The house and yard were empty of people, all the busy chaos of the week's selling off tools and equipment over, and my work week ended.

I was glad that I had Rebecca's birthday party to look forward to yesterday. The host who held the party is a spectacular cook and entertainer, and one of the most inspiring decorators I've ever known.

I saw old friends and acquaintances and met some new and lovely people in a very opulent setting, without the slightest thought about old Jehovah's Witness nonsense.

We briefly discussed the unexpected loss of our friend, Donald, and celebrated the 45th year of a very dear friend who has been working tirelessly for the United Nations while in recovery from extremely difficult and traumatic back surgery. She had been living in a bed for the past nine months, survived a heart attack, lost and regained all bladder and bowel function (due to medical error), and showed up here looking like a million bucks!

I am so proud of you, Rebecca! You have been through so much and come through shining like a diamond. And you were not afraid to speak your heart and mind, (even if all your Republican friends shun you for it). You are one in a billion, always working for peace at home and abroad. You deserve so much better than the troubles you have had. Much happiness, comfort and healing to you!

Thank you for remembering us on your special day!

Love always,

Joy

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks for sharing your special day

purps

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Thank you, purps. I wish everyone here could have been there last night. It was beautiful - both in a physical sense and in an emotional one.

• changeling
    changeling

Sounds lovely. Thanks for sharing.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit