ANYONE SEE NEW DAVID LYNCH MOVIE "INLAND EMPIRE"?

by fedorE 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• fedorE
    fedorE

IM HALF WAY THROUGH IT AND I FEEL LIKE I JUST WALKED INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION. HIS LAST FILM I SAW WAS "RABBITS" WHICH I THOUGHT WAS GENIUS. HE INCORPORATES THAT FILM INTO THIS STORY...LAURA DERN IS BACK, AND HARRY D STANTON ARE REGULARS THAT I RECOGNIZE....ANYWAYS IF ANYONE COMMENTS ILL RESPOND AFTER I SEE THE REST OF IT.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Tried to watch it but fell asleep several times. It is another stellar work of self indulgence. So long as viewers recognize that it is simply David Lynch being Lynch. He doesn't care if you get it. W.Once

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Tried to watch it but fell asleep several times. It is another stellar work of self indulgence. So long as viewers recognize that it is simply David Lynch being Lynch. He doesn't care if you get it.

Same here, I didn't care enough to attempt to to get this one. After awhile it became futile to even try, I fell asleep and my best friened continued watching the entire thing- he thought it was brilliant and didn't understand why I didn't stay awake and finish it.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Some things are just worth sleeping through....like meetings.

BP

• Confession
    Confession

Is the movie referring to California's "Inland Empire"? (Pomona, Chino Hills, Ontario, etc.)

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

yeah.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I should check out both of them. I loved Mulholland Drive which blew my mind...great, effective psychological literary themes in the film.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5373540614148851919&q=wrecking+ball&total=348&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Interpol's homage to Lynch.

Powerful!

Wrecking Ball

[can it be true]
    Nobody warned you.
    Nobody told you,
    to make up your mind.

Nobody told you,
    that I could just waltz through
    and shake up your style.

I'm inside
    Like a wrecking ball through your eyes
    and I change it all from inside.

Strange and far
    All this hardware
    Sum of time
    And night one's for me

Go inside
    Going somewhere
    Hopeless tag time
    No one's for me
    Open wide
    You're like new year

Nobody warned you
    Nobody told you
    To make up your mind

Nobody told you
    That I could just walk through
    And shake up your style

Strange and far
    All this hardware
    Stroke of time
    And no one's for me

Go inside
    Going somewhere
    Hopeless tag time
    And no one's for me
    Open wide
    You're like new year

Stay and fight
    Stay and fight
    Stay and fight

• fedorE
    fedorE

This is a movie that doesn't need to be understood to be enjoyed. Sound is amazing! Moments of terror are great. Makes me realize why i love Lynch. Very unlike all the Hollywood crap out there. Laura Dern is brilliant because she plays charachters that make me forget its the same person. Its a continuation of Rabbits and to me a film worth watching. D.Lynch has the ability to scare me at times unlike so many Hollywood directors which is why i guess i tune in! (Lost Highway my fav..)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Why are you yelling, fedorE?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit