thanks eclipse

by bigdreaux 3 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

you just gave me an idea. lol

i want to make a tract that informs people that if they do not want to be bothered on a saturday morning, all they need to do is ask to be put on the do-not-call list. man, think of it, print a bunch up, place them in the territory. witnesses will be baffaled. hahahaha victory is mine!!!!!

to ambitious?

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

As I learn some of the key buzzwords, and some of the lies and corruption,(never was a jw) I have some ammo now to return to the people coming to our door. But alas, I have yet to encounter one at home.

However, my JW friend called me today. We had a small business meeting. I told him that after our last encounter, that I had forgiven him for what he referred to me as. (The worldly person phrase). He seemed somewhat confused, but relieved. He did not realize that I was researching everything he told me. I said that continued discussion of his faith would require him to justify the way the elders swept the pedophile issues under the rug, and all the other scandals I uncovered. So it seems he is prepared for more of my "truth".

I think it's a lost cause. He is too busy trying to save himself, and forgets just what he is supporting financially.

He told me that he got really angry on our last discussion. I didn't think that was allowed. I also believe that if it is the gospel, then why be so defensive?

Maybe some of it will sink in one day. He does have a good heart. Just too damn gullible.

• theNuge
    theNuge

Quote:

He told me that he got really angry on our last discussion. I didn't think that was allowed. I also believe that if it is the gospel, then why be so defensive?

Ahhh... I have asked myself so many times the following question:

If what you believe in is the "Truth", then why be afraid of questions that would or could challenge that belief?

• eclipse
    eclipse

That's a great idea bigD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit