one shot

by lesterd 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lesterd
    lesterd

I was thinking about all the reward and punishment that is taught in all religions. What if you knew this life was your all you got, would you waste it trying to isure a spot in paradise, be it heaven or earth?

If you knew there was a creator and the 'shelf life" of his creations were dated, what changges would you make?

With that knowledge, what knid of relationship would you pursue with your creator?

I would like your thoughts.

• eclipse
    eclipse

My creator does not give a flying sphagetti monster's ass about me,

so why should I pursue any relationship of any kind with a deity that has chosen to ignore me?

I live my life my way, the way I want to, I would make no changes.

Then I die.

The end.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Your question: "What if you knew this life was your all you got, would you waste it trying to isure a spot in paradise, be it heaven or earth?" is kind of a contradiction. It makes no sense that, if you know this life is all you have, that you would try to make sure you had a spot in paradise. You've already said the person knows this life is all they have.

Might want to rethink that post!

I completely accept that this life is all there is, and I waste no time pursuing a relationship with a non-existent god and a future life that will never happen.

S4

• Mum
    Mum

I accept what is, and would do so under any other circumstances, while not using acceptance as a reason for not trying to change things for the better.

The reward-punishment paradigm is for people who never quite leave childhood and dependency behind. Looking outside oneself is useful to gain perspective but not for ultimate answers. We all have to find our own way.

Not sure if I answered your question,

SandraC

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Hell yeah, clipsy!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit