revelation B.S. this week - I wanted to puke!

by still_in74 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still_in74
    still_in74

Okay, last night at the B.S. I almost puked when listening to these paragraphs about 1914 & 1919.
    How can anyone not see the enormous pile of Bull S#!t to make this prophetic connection???
    How about the fact that the WTS makes countless references to the 144k being sealed in 1935????

w6912/15p.756par.9"MakeDisciples"—TillWhen?***

It is a fact that Jesus’ parable of the sheep and goats is part of his prophecy regarding
    the "conclusion of the system of things" and that this particular parable applies within the
    time of the "conclusion of the system of things," that is to say, in the present time. It is likewise
    evident that the vision of the "great crowd" (Rev. 7:9) was given to John the apostle after he
    had the vision of the 144,000 sealed spiritual Israelites. Hence this vision would apply now,
    specifically since 1935, when the sealing of the 144,000 spiritual Israelites appears coming to its close

Yet in the Revelation book, the WTS tries to show that the JW's were so inspired by Rutherfords
    assurance that the 144K were sealed by 1914, implying that they took strength in the fact that
    while they had not been raptured, they had been sealed and thus were still a special class of people.
    This is presented in chapter 21 of the Rev. book as if Jehovah had given them strength to get past
    1914 by telling them this through Rutherford! But how can we look at this as a good thing???
    How can one forget that the WTS teaches that 1935 was the sealing of the 144K???
    How can THIS Lie make the lie about 1914 be OK????
    I wanted to scream!!
    Read below and you will see,if you were there this week how did you not scream!!!

Vision 5—Revelation 8:1–9:21

Subject: The sounding of six of the seven trumpets

Time of fulfillment: From the enthronement of Christ Jesus in 1914 to the great tribulation

Can we determine when this happened? Yes, we can, by examining the context, together with historical developments early in the Lord’s day. (Revelation 1:10) During 1918 and 1919, events on earth harmonized remarkably with the scenario described at Revelation 8:1-4. For 40 years before 1914, the Bible Students—as Jehovah’s Witnesses were then called—had been announcing boldly that the times of the Gentiles would end in that year. The distressful events of 1914 proved them correct. (Luke 21:24, KingJamesVersion; Matthew 24:3, 7, 8) But many of them also believed that in 1914 they would be taken from this earth to their heavenly inheritance. That did not happen. Instead, during the first world war, they endured a time of severe persecution. On October 31, 1916, the first president of the Watch Tower Society, Charles T. Russell, died. Then, on July 4, 1918, the new president, Joseph F. Rutherford, and seven other representatives of the Society were transported to the Atlanta, Georgia, penitentiary, wrongly sentenced to long years in prison.

5 The sincere Christians of the John class were perplexed. What did God want them to do next? When would they be taken up to heaven? An article entitled "The Harvest Ended—What Shall Follow?" appeared in the May 1, 1919, issue of TheWatchTower. It reflected this state of uncertainty and encouraged the faithful to continued endurance, adding: "We believe it is now a true saying that the harvest of the kingdom class is an accomplished fact, that all such are duly sealed and that the door is closed."During this difficult period, the fervent prayers of the John class were ascending, as though in the smoke of a large quantity of incense. And their prayers were being heard!Hurling Fire to the Earth

6 John tells us: "But right away the angel took the incense vessel,and he filled it with some of the fire of the altar and hurled it to the earth. And thunders occurred and voices and lightnings and an earthquake."(Revelation8:5)After the silence, there is sudden dramatic activity! This is evidently in response to the prayers of the holy ones, since it is triggered by fire taken from the incense altar. Back in 1513 B.C.E., at Mount Sinai, thunders and lightnings, a loud noise, fire, and a quaking of the mountain signaled Jehovah’s turning his attention to his people. (Exodus 19:16-20) The similar manifestations reported by John likewise indicate Jehovah’s giving attention to his servants on earth. But what John observes is presented in signs. (Revelation 1:1) So how are the symbolic fire, thunders, voices, lightnings, and earthquake to be interpreted today?

7 On one occasion, Jesus told his disciples: "I came to start a fire on the earth." (Luke 12:49) Truly, he did ignite a fire. By his zealous preaching, Jesus made God’s Kingdom the paramount issue before the Jewish people, and this sparked heated controversy throughout that nation. (Matthew 4:17, 25; 10:5-7, 17, 18) In 1919Jesus’ spiritual brothers on earth, the small band of anointed Christians who had survived the trialsome days of World War I, set light to a similar fire in Christendom. In September of that year, Jehovah’s spirit was remarkably in evidence as his loyal Witnesses assembled from near and far at Cedar Point, Ohio, U.S.A. Joseph F. Rutherford, recently released from prison and soon to see all charges against him dropped, boldly addressed that convention, saying: "Obedient to the command of our Master, and recognizing our privilege and duty to make war against the strongholds of error which have so long held the people in bondage, our vocation was and is to announce the incoming glorious kingdom of Messiah." That is the primary issue—God’s Kingdom!

8 Referring to the recent hard experiences of God’s people, the speaker said: "So pitiless was the onslaught of the enemy that many of the Lord’s dear flock were stunned and stood still in amazement, praying and waiting for the Lord to indicate his will. . . . But notwithstanding the momentary discouragement, there was a burning desire to proclaim the message of the kingdom."—See the September 15, 1919, issue of TheWatchTower, page 280.

9 In 1919 that desire was satisfied. This small but active group of Christians was set on fire, spiritually speaking, to begin a worldwide preaching campaign. (Compare 1 Thessalonians 5:19.) Fire was hurled to the earth in that God’s Kingdom was made the burning issue, and so it continues to be! Strong voices replaced silence, sounding out the Kingdom message with clarity. Thunderous storm warnings from the Bible pealed forth. Like flashes of lightning, brilliant beams of truth shone from Jehovah’s prophetic Word, and, as if by a mighty earthquake, the religious realm was shaken to its foundations. The John class saw that there was work to be done. And to this day, that work continues to expand gloriously throughout the entire inhabited earth!—Romans 10:18.

• still_in74
    still_in74

SCULLY - how did you get the text to fit the page properly? I dont know why it did that and I couldnt figure it out (hence my 10 edits!!)
    Thanks for cleaning it up!

• Scully
    Scully
    "But right away the angel took the incense vessel,and he filled it with some of the fire of the altar and hurled it to the earth. And thunders occurred and voices and lightnings and an earthquake.

That sentence had no spaces in it in the original post. I just went in and added the spaces.

Sometimes that happens when you are pasting from the WT CD ROM.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Yep, I remember back when I was still active (not at all fading) and we had the Revelation book (the previous version) in the Book Study; even then I was shaking my head (well, not literally so others could see...) from all the weirdness in that book. All the "and from this we can clearly see", "we must therefore conclude", "it is evident" (statements of that nature anyway) - and I was like "Whaaa?? How the heck do you reach that conclusion??".

Of course - I never asked. That would have meant I was weak.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    all the weirdness in that book. All the "and from this we can clearly see", "we must therefore conclude", "it is evident" (statements of that nature anyway) - and I was like "Whaaa?? How the heck do you reach that conclusion??".

Yep, that was me! I never did "clearly see" what the heck that book was talking about!

BB

• still_in74
    still_in74

Scully - funny, I went back and added the spaces at the same time you did. That must have fixed the page formatting also.

As for the article - I didnt discuss much about the half hour of silence that was in the prvious paragraphs. That silence was the imprisonment and stopping of the "preaching work". This time, as the book points out, was while Jehovah was listening to the prayers of the holy ones, and thus responded to their cries with a Fire ball of preaching work that "shook the foundations" of christendom!

Was I the only one in the room that knew what they were actually preaching in 1919???? This was "beams of truth" that shook christendom like and earthquake?? Millions now living will Never DIE?????? 1925???? 1874?? Pyramids??

How could the prayers of the holy ones - as a class - be heard for a half hour when the number was not sealed yet??? Rutherford said it was... WTS now says it was 1935....but Revelation chooses to disregard the discrepancies and just highlight "firey" expressions and quote old WT articles that use the word "fire" in them as if to say that these ones were "on fire" in fulfillment of prophecy and didnt even realize it!!

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Inside looking out and it all makes purrfect sense.

Outside looking in and we see it for the BS that it really is.

• arker
    arker

Are they still studying that book? Don't they have anything else to study? I quess when you write a book so confusing you have to study it 50 times to try and understand what the heck it's saying.

• changeling
    changeling

Now you know why I wasn't there!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit