Ron Drage, Peter Ellis and Paul Gillies - what do we know about them?

by truthseeker 6 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Concerning the Michael Porter case, I though it would be interesting to have some background information on these people. Paul Gillies is the WT PR puppet. Anyone have any info, stories or experiences to share?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Quote from Paul Gillies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_and_child_sex_abuse

Paul Gillies, spokesman for the Britain branch of Jehovah's Witnesses comments on their official web site: "Sexual abuse of children is not just a terrible sin but also a crime that can leave lasting emotional scars on its victims. Jehovah's Witnesses everywhere abhor the sexual abuse of children and will not protect any perpetrator of such repugnant acts from the consequences of his gross sin.”

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Oddly enough, on the 2002 electoral roll / voters register, he WAS listed as living at Watchtower House.

I wonder if he ever voted ?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The Ridgeway, London NW7 1RN

192.com reports...

Historical Electoral Roll Sign in or register and get credits to view full details
    Full Details RONALD DRAGE XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXX NW7 XXX

Director Report Sign in or register and get credits to view full details
    Full Details RONALD DRAGE XXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX NW7 XXX

• core
    core

Ron Drage & Peter Ellis - Branch Committee members of years standing - both humourless, arrogant and 100% company men.

Ron Drage who could be seen flying down corridors if he thought he heard a drill being used by a bethelite (to hang pictures etc) as this was not allowed - Peter Ellis a little man hiding inside a big ego.

Such men are what the organisation is made of - humourless men trapped inside the borg - no families to love and nurture or be cared for by, no experience of bringing up a family yet free to command the lives of thousands of others - of such men dictatorships are made - obey the organisation - grey and soulless - to quote another their doctrine is "sell Watchtowers or die"

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

That's really odd...

There are over 200 people listed on the "electoral roll" at Bethel in 2002 (when opting out of having your info published was not an option).

There are also many listed for 2006.

I can't see 200 Bethelites piling out of Watchtower House to vote, so I can only assume that they were listed to help boost their credit references ?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it applies to Paul Gillies also... anyone have any other ideas about why they were listed ?

EDITED TO ADD...

After searching Hansaard, I found this :

Mr. Dismore:That is a great pity, Mr. Deputy Speaker. I was looking forward to answering that intervention, but I shall go on to my next point, which concerns the right to abstain. Our democratic process does not require people to vote if they do not want to. Under my hon. Friend's Bill, people's decision not to

27 Feb 2004 : Column 587

vote would effectively be counted as a vote, whether they liked it or not. That is an infringement of the democratic process.

Article 9 of the Human Rights Act 1998 provides for freedom of thought, conscience and religion. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, and I think that includes the right to have their political views respected. I put it to my hon. Friend that Jehovah's Witnesses have a principled view that although they register to vote because that is a requirement of the law, they do not wish to participate in the political process. The Bill would force them to participate, whether they like it or not, by counting their principled abstention from the democratic process as a vote against a particular reform.

Mr. Prentice: I would have to think a bit more about the Jehovah's Witnesses—they always creep into these debates, do they not?

I stand corrected.

• Devils Avocado
    Devils Avocado

Ron Drage has been at the London bethel since the early 60's.

He married a Canadian girl who was also a bethelite. Sadly, she died of cancer just a couple of years ago.

Ron is known as "Dracula Drage" among the younger bethel intake, this is, no doubt, partly due to his cadaverous appearance.. He has a passion for all things mechanical and has a wickedly incisive sense of humor. There is a big heart lurking in there somewhere.

DA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit