The work must be spirit directed....

by Burger Time 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Wow so Saturday while working on a hangover (fun Friday night). My ex girlfriend calls me up at about ten in the morning explaining that she wants to have a pool party at her place. She wants me to go with her to buy food, alcohol, pool floats, and all that good kind of stuff. So I say, "sure" in my raspy shouldn't be up that early voice. Well we head to Wal-Mart. We get there and I step out of the car and what do I see but two Spanish Witnesses literally standing in the middle of the parking lot, just kind of looking lost. It was middle-aged women and her teenage son. Of course he looked completely embarrassed, as only having that experience tells you. He had his hands in his pockets and was just aimlessly turning in all directions ( I think this is an attempt to be seen less). So I point out to my ex (she knows I am active on this board, and am doing massive bible study) that those two are "dubs". She then says something like, "for real, Oh GOD!" So while were walking through Wal-Mart I clasp my hands together and say, "please Jehovah if you exist have them stop me and try to place something???” My ex says, "Oh Jon play nice!” So we go buy our stuff. We'll let me tell you folks there is a reason this girl is an ex, but there is also a reason I dated her in the first place and am still friends with her. She decides the best place to check out is the door we can exit to put us right in line with the dubs. We walk out the door and she says, "Well, look at that we’re going to walk directly in to their line of fire". Got to say I love her for that sort of stuff! Well low and behold I get the "come talk to me" grin on my face. Well they didn't so much as look at her or me. It was like we didn't even exist!

They were Spanish, so perhaps they couldn’t speak English but come on! Ha well if they did talk to me I would have laid the scriptural smack down, so it must have been Jehovah's spirit making them blind to me! He couldn't have let them be embarrassed by some 20 something with a hangover and plans to drink again!

• JK666
    JK666

Do you have a 666 tattoo on your forehead? (JW repellant)

JK

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I used to attend a spanish hall when we were in the states and the spanish brothers only speak to people who look like they are hispanic...It's a way to broaden their territory...If they would have been English, I would be sending a different message, but having been in that congregation I wanted to let you in on the protocol. Half the witnesses in the spanish probably have very limited English as well...And probably zero literature in English...The spanish witnesses are very zealous, but like I say, I'm sure they didn't consider you part of their territory....God may still love you despite....

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Ha I wasn't exactly having the right motives myself. So I probably would have somehow made an ass of myself I am sure. I am aware of the spanish protcol as my brother and mother were very active in the spanish halls around here. The thing is they looked very Americanized (?). I just got the vibe they were bi-lingual but I was probably wrong. I was tempted to initiate convo but felt it would be in bad taste. Why bother them if they aren't bothering me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit