My son is talking about joining the basket ball team.

by Irish Rose 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Irish Rose
    Irish Rose

I really hope that he is able to do so. He was asking me if it is ok, which it is. It is so wonderful not being involved with a group that tells you not to do such a thing. His dad was on a basket ball team and wrestling in high school, so he's all for it also.

I love being free.

• free2think
    free2think

Good for him and good for you, i hope he goes for it too.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Right on!

I hope he makes the team.

• changeling
    changeling

Doesn't it warm your heart to see your children happy and being "normal"?

changeling

• dobbie
    dobbie

Well done and i hope he makes the team! I could never understand why jw parents couldn't let their kids do these activites, or exchanges, school trips etc. I did them all the time and i didn't take up drinking smoking drugs or whatever because of it!

You must be so relieved to be able to let your your son have a normal happy life, i know i am with mine.

• jeanne40love
    jeanne40love

Excellent! Great idea, good luck!

• R.F.
    R.F.

That's great! I believe that activities like these make for a more well-rounded child. That's why i'm so happy for JW parents that disregard the crap that the WTS tells them and allow their kids to take part in other activities.

R.F.

• DiscoSandy
    DiscoSandy

I'm so excited for you and your son! I grew up as a J.W. and was never able to do any kind of extracurricular activities. Thankfully I got out before I had kids of my own. I'm so happy that my kids are able to freely participate in activities they are interested in, without any restrictions or judgment imposed on them. Two of my kids do basketball now - they love it. I hope it works out for your son to get on the team.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit