How time flys when you are out!

by WT=watchtrouble 5 Replies latest jw friends

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Is it just me or does time seem to pass so much faster when you no longer endure meetings or field service. Now that I am starting to get myself together life is good! In fact life seems so much better and good things are starting to happen. Ahh gotta love free time

• R.F.
    R.F.

I have noticed that myself. I haven't been to a sales meeting or done any door to door magazine selling work in months but the time has just been flying.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just like a car moves faster when the brakes are not dragging. You had all those meetings that seemed so long, and service time that seemed to take forever to pass. An hour in service is so stagnating that it seems like several or many. You never seem to get past 10:30 in the morning while out in service, and that Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" seems to take a lot longer than five minutes per talk.

Once you are out, you don't have to waste all day out in service. Now, time is free to go faster once you are pursuing what you feel like. Whether it be college, working a job that you enjoy, a vacation where you don't have to find the Kingdumb Hell and participate in meetings and/or service, or just looking at the Internet without the Puketower telling you what you can and cannot look at, time always seems to go faster when you are having fun. And you feel you've accomplished something.

However, it still seems to be dragging for time to put up my Christmas tree...

• poppers
    poppers

Anytime you have to "watch the clock" time seems to drag. From what I've read here it appears there is lots of clock watching because of the dreariness of dubdom and its requirements.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Ten happy years have gone in a blink for me. I had a baby, met a new non dub partner, got a career, changed a career! and am now pregnant with non dub partner. Its been fantastic.

And I STILL LOVE having Tuesday night, Thursday night, Saturday morning and Sunday free. Its fantastic!

• changeling
    changeling

Life is good!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit