Star Trek: New Voyages

by XJW4EVR 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Last night, the Mrs. and I were priviledged to have been invited to see the premier of Star Trek: New Voyages in Beverly Hills. This is a fan film, but it is not your ordinary fan film. Though many of the actors are amateurs, the writing, filming and CGI were first rate. Many of the technical people worked on TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager & Enterprise. I have met the producer, and I am happy to say that this guy, who is an Elvis impersonator in real life, has restored Gene Roddenberry's vision back into Star Trek. If you are a Trekker, then I whole-heartedly recommend that you take an hour out of your busy schedule, and view this episode on the internet.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

COOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Pretty neat!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I've been watching the new voyages for some time now. Although there are only 3 or 4 episodes made, they are all well done. Have you seen the one where Walter Koening reprises his Chekov role? Very well done.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I have seen all he episodes, but this was my favorite of them all. For the first time in a long time, I felt that Gene Roddenberry's spirit was in a Star Trek episode.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit