jwmatch.com

by obiefernandez 35 Replies latest jw friends

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

I am surprised that there hasn't been a discussion here (not that I can find anyway) about jwmatch.com. Not only are they self-proclaimed, "the world's largest witnesses online community!" (sound familiar?), but they are unabashedly commercial with several payment options ranging to 99.99 USD for membership. [ http://www.jwmatch.com/ask_esther.php#costs]

Their terms of service are extensive. However the most amazing thing, as far as I'm concerned is the amount of people that have signed up for it. Hundreds if not thousands already. Just do a random search off the homepage to see for yourself.

I think it speaks volumes about the changes that the organization is experiencing these days. Can you imagine how a professional personal ad service for JWs must be viewed at Bethel. When I was running witnesses.net I used to dream of creating a personals site. I knew it would be wildly successful. But I had no idea that someone would actually pull it off. I bet they will be raking in serious money soon if they aren't already. Keep in mind that match.com, is one of more successful dot-com ventures to stay alive, and that jwmatch.com is following exactly the same programming and cost model. If I didn't know any better I'd think they are simply a custom branded front-end for match.com.

• Derrick
    Derrick

Hello Obed,

How have you been doing?

I have wondered why JW singles don't avail themselves of the ***FREE*** JW Singles Forum on H2O? (Location: http://www.aimoo.com/h2o/ - scroll down to the JW Singles Forum.) The one on H2O's original site was successful, resulting in several JW marriages (based on emails of thanks we received). The security on Aimoo is even tighter, and the bells and whistles offer a virtual playground for JW singles to romp. You mean if H2O charges 99.00USD via PayPal and ramp-up our moderator efforts that we might offer some serious competition to this new "dot-com"? (LOL)

If I find out you're on board of directors for this new site, then I'll tip my hat to your financial ingenuity. ;-)

Derrick

• Simon
    Simon

hmmnn... off to register jwgirls.com and jwmen.com... I'm guessing jwsex.com would be too 'out there'...

I can't believe people actually pay for that or that the ones that would pay wouldn't just use any normal dating site ?!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

There're a lot of desparate Dubs out there. If Firpo Carr can make serious bucks teaching fake Greek to intellectually starved Dubs, then how much could jwmatch.com make from sex-starved Dubs!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

LOL
    Good one, mate!
    Randy

• fodeja
    fodeja
    but they are unabashedly commercial with several payment options ranging to 99.99 USD for membership. ... I bet they will be raking in serious money soon if they aren't already.

Note that they don't list a contact person anywhere, only an obscure "JW-Singles Verein" with a P.O. box address in Vienna. A "Verein", of course, is a noncommercial/nonprofit association.

I don't know, but...sniff...sniff...I think there's just a slight hint of that distinct smell of tax evasion around there.

f.

p.s.: If you want to log in and meet some hot sisters & brothers, the song numbers are 109 and 113. Thanks Kent :-)

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

UNBELIEVABLE!! Didn't believe it til' I saw it with my own eyes. And my parents had a fit when they found out I met Thinker online! They never cease to amaze me.
    TW

• Prisca
    Prisca

TW,

You'd be amazed how many witnesses meet mates over the internet. A good friend of mine married a brother from NY. I also met my now ex-fiance from obed's witnet site, the same place that my friend met her husband.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Wild. I thought active witnesses weren't supposed to be frequenting the internet. Personally I find it very hypocritical. Just one more thing on the list. Doubly so, because it seems to go against all the rules about dating and courtship.
    TW

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Wow....boy do I wish I had the internet when I was a practicing witness! HAHAHAH!!! Actually, I would have never gone to the site because I was a good girl, heehee.

I actually met my husband online...but it was by accident, serendipity if you will. I was actually looking around to see what else was out there, and ended up meeting a lot of whackos and nice people in a metaphysics chat room. What truly brought us together was not our curiosity about spiritual things ( he is agnostic) but our ability to be smart asses about any subject.

This really is a riot! Mabye all those poor young sisters will be able to find a good looking guy in their age group. I know where I grew up it was about 100 sisters to 2 guys. A lot of May - December marriages...and also bad marriages because it was considered better to marry poorly in the truth than well out in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit