Been to Alton Towers for first time in ages

by bluebell 4 Replies latest jw friends

• bluebell
    bluebell

Went with my hubbys family (he didn't come, rides make him sick). Extended families are great. Met 2 more of hubbys sisters partners brothers (he is one of 5 boys). I sometimes miss my family - cousins, sisters etc so its great that hubbys family are so welcoming and accepting of me, I always thought of myself as a bit of a weirdo because of how I was treated in dubdom.

Had a great time, went on most of the rides I wanted to and because the weather wasn't the best (it started raining about 2 hrs after we got there and didn't stop) it meant that there weren't any huge crowds so we were able to go from one ride to the next without spending hours in queues. I had waterproofs and as long as I was able to go into the loos every now and again and blowdry my trousers I was a happy bunny.

Went on the kiddie rides too as my neice is 1.2m and couldn't go on some of the adult rides that have a 1.4m restriction, my nephew had it the best, he is just 1.4m so got on the kiddie rides that had the max height restriction too, he was boasting about the fact he went on more rides than anyone. lol. kids are so funny and so competitive. You should have seen their faces on the big roller coasters, absolutley freaking out and nearly crying and then going "that was fun" when it stopped!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Being American, I had never heard of Alton Towers before. I looked it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alton_towers It looks like a fun place! (Maybe similar to Cedar Point, one I enjoyed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_point)

As long as you didn't mind the downpour, I'm sure you had a great time there! Did you ride the Nemesis (the world's most intense rollercoaster)?

Glad you had a great time with your extended family and had a memorable outing.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i haven't been in ages...hopefully will go soon

haven't been to orlando for ages either so there should be plenty of new stuff

• dobbie
    dobbie

Haven't been there yet, will probably send hubby with son as hate rides off the ground!They went to legoland windsor last week and loved it so much they stayed for 3 days!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I've never been - but like your hubby, I don't like the rides - I'm scared of heights for a start! my family had a job even getting me to go on the tame rides at Blackpool lol!

Maybe one day I might go and force myself to go on some of the rides just for the sheer hell of it - be a child as you described so well!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit