Talked to my siblings about letter from mom

by ex-nj-jw 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm starting to get some replies from my siblings about the letter my mom sent me and my response to her (with the JWD postings). I haven't heard from all but 3 so far:

JW brother #1 - appalled that mom would say the things she said. He agrees that mom has some unresolved mental issues that will never be dealt with, but still no reason to send such a mean letter. He also (before this letter) decided to stop sending the financial support to them because they misuse the help we provide. They spend un-neccessarily and quite frankly if they would stop helping baby sister and nephew (my son) who are grown and should be helping them, they wouldn't need our help so much. He didn't even bring up the support group I mentioned in my letter to mom, with the attached responses. He felt really bad that I'd got such a mean letter from mom and told me not to give her much thought or let it bother me. Reassured me that I was a great mom and a wonderful sister and he's happy that I ended up having a what seems to him to be a happy life

non-JW sister (my youngest sister won't respond, she needs mom too much to go against her) - Couldn't believe that I didn't just throw it away and ignore it. Better not to rock the boat. Although she is out, she still believes that JW is the "troof". Doesn't understand why I don't believe? I told her I'd be sending her a package in a week or two, that I wanted her to read it all before commenting and that I wanted her honest opinion of what she reads. She promised that she would and that she'd be objective. She also wasn't angry about my response, just doesn't understand why a choose to make such a stand and I should just let mom believe that I know it's the "troof" and not cause waves. Needles to say we are totally different in the way we think. She still allows mom and dad to preach to her at every chance they get and then just forgets about it when they are done. She is definately an apologist - afraid to totally let go. I intend to send her the Barbara Anderson's CD, that's the package I mentioned to her. not sure how she will react.

non- JW brother #2 (the one who told me to burn it and send it back)- He and I should have been twins, we think alike, we stand up for what we feel is right. We don't allow anyone to bully us into anything, oh and we look alot alike. He thought it was hillarious and can't wait for mom to call him so he can blast her too. Thought she was way off base and agrees with me that she comes at me hard because I push back harder. I'm the one that needs saving the most, in her eyes because Satan the debil has surely got a tight grip on me He also assured me that I'm am none of the things my mom said about me and that I've been a source of support for him also. He said that even though I'm 9 years younger than him, he's learned a lot from me and is proud to have such a intelligent, loving and caring person as a sister. This brother is also cutting off financial help, much for the same reason brother #1 is.

I haven't heard from the others, (I made a typo in the number of siblings in my first post) I have 2 sisters and 4 brothers, a total of seven kids not eight. I'm number 6 in the line up.

No return reciept from the post office yet, maybe on Monday. Will keep you guys posted.

Oh, I forgot the hubby - very pissed off. He wants me to just cut off all ties to my mother, says she is toxic! But I told him, to do that would be as bad as them with the shunning. I think I can keep in touch with them, they are my parents, but not allow them (or should I say, mom) to push me and back me in a corner. I refuse to treat anyone the way they do, but by the same token I don't have to allow her to talk bad to or about me!

nj

• changeling
    changeling

I'm sure you fell better knowing your siblings are on your side.

changeling

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Ex,

Thank you for the update! I am so glad the siblings that have replied so far are so supportive!! I am anxious to see how your mother replies. Keep us posted!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I will be sure to post as soon as mom replies, if she replies. My brother #2 doesn't think she's gonna even acknowledge that she received it.

We'll see!

nj

• dobbie
    dobbie

Even if your mum doesn't acknowledge the letter, at least you can feel good about yourself, that you are a strong person who won't be pushed around. I though what your brother said about you being such a support to him was lovely.x

• eclipse
    eclipse

Thanks for sharing nj!

Your ''twin'' bro sounds really supportive and loving...I am glad you have him on your side and your other bro too.

I look forward to reading your update.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit