Was Jehovah originally a volcano?

by Mindchild 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

For a change of pace, I thought some of you good folks might enjoy reading a speculative article about the evolution of the modern Jehovah.

The link is at: http://www.earth360.com/his-jehovah-java.html

While the author of this report has some interesting thoughts on the matter, I still subscribe to Julian Janes theory as presented in his seminal book, "The Origins of Conciousness and the Breakdown of the Bicamerial Mind," as being a more likely evolution of relgious belief.

Remember not to blow your top when you read the article (snicker)

Skipper

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Mindchild:

I've enjoyed reading your (too few imo) posts. You present ideas that are refreshingly off the curve and support them eloquently.

I have Julien James' book (Bicameral Mind...) and it was the subject of focus in an independent studies course proferred by a visiting luminary that I was priviledged to attend in college, (yikes 20 years ago). What a trip...

I'm still unable to grasp the idea that the universe was not designed. There is too much evidence, at least in that aspect, that there is/was a designer, aka god.

What are your personal opinions regarding the existence of a creator, if any? Just curious.

Thanks for your contributions,

lauralisa

It's only water from a stranger's tear (Peter Gabriel)

• Jehovah_God
    Jehovah_God

I was no more a volcano originally than you were a sea cucumber originally. I created volcanos and sea cucumbers. And regular cucumbers. And the sea. And sea cucumber volcano surfing.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hi Lauralisa,

Thank you for the kind words. Interesting to find someone else who read this book.

I can certainly understand your current comprehensive view of reality, in thinking that the universe was designed. I formerly subscribed to this hypothesis as well. My own beliefs began an evolutionary process when I left the Borg back in the early 1980's. Bit by bit and piece by piece, the "truth's" I once believed, came up lacking any empirical support for their validity. As I believe in the simple rule of thumb that the more astonishing the claim...the more proof needed to establish its validity...my belief in God fell completely off the curve.

By the bye, you might enjoy reading a somewhat humorous play by Jeffery Scott about Man meeting God and having a few beers together. While it is fairly funny, it raises a lot of interesting questions.

URL: http://www.perspicacity.com/elactheatre/workshop/plays/pscotj01.htm

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Jehovah-Java

I have done extensive research on this topic and some of the earliest sanscrit records indicate that the ancients, soon after inventing coffee, used to mill around coffee shops a great deal. In fact, they soon began to believe that without their morning coffee (java), life wasn't worth living.

After many centuries they began to associate coffee with life itself. Hence the expression "Java God". It wasn't long after that they began to visit at each others homes to have a cup of coffee and discuss Java God. I think you know the rest of the story.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LauraLisa -

You said

I'm still unable to grasp the idea that the universe was not designed. There is too much evidence, at least in that aspect, that there is/was a designer, aka god.

In what ways specifically would the universe be different if it was NOT designed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit