Is there any brothers or sister from nj - north bergan congregation ?

by LouiseAlly 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• LouiseAlly
    LouiseAlly

Hi

im going through a hard time now ,but just want to learn more about Jehovah .. i feel like i do need to get friends who are Jehovah Witness because the outside friends are not into what i am in now....

• poppers
    poppers

You do realize don't you that this is primarily a site frequented by mostly ex-JWs? There are active dubs here but they mostly are reluctant one's who would rather be anything other than a dub. Even so, I encourage you to stay here and post. Maybe someone can open your eyes about what you are getting yourself into.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

If you want to know more about Jehovah, go to a Christian church, read your Bible and pray. Do whatever the Lord leads you to do, but you won't accomplish knowing Him by getting involved with the Jehovah's Witnesses or Watchtower Society.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome to JWD!

nj

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    You do realize don't you that this is primarily a site frequented by mostly ex-JWs? There are active dubs here but they mostly are reluctant one's who would rather be anything other than a dub.

Bingo!

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

i think you should tell the woman you study with that you have found this site on the internet and the new friends you've made here and then bear yourself, because all hell will break loose and you'll realize what you've gotten yourself into..an organization that will control your every move..who you talk to, who you associate with etc.....

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Hey! Welcome to the board

I have to sincerely warn you that Jehovah's Witnesses could be the biggest mistake of your life. Look, I know it sounds good and it seems to make sense. Who WOULDN'T want to live on a paradise earth with eternal life, health, and youth? I bet the congregation is EXTREMELY friendly to you too. The minute you get baptized, you lose all your freedom. No, I'm not talking about the freedom to smoke, have sex, or gamble. I'm talking about intellectual freedom, the freedom to fully research everything presented to you by the Society. You probably didn't know this but 1914 wasn't the first date C.T. Russell (their founder) predicted as the coming of Jesus Christ. He originally stated the invisible presence started in 1799 and that Armageddon would come in 1874! He later revised the date of Armageddon (that's right, not the invisible return) to 1914. Then, when the world was still here in 1915, he changed it to 1918. Of course, the 1914 date is based on the assumption that Jerusalem was sacked by Babylon in 607BCE, it wasn't. Not one source outside of the Watchtower Society confirms this date, but instead point to 586BCE as the correct date -- 21 years later. Joe Rutherford took over in 1917 and then predicted the end to come in 1925. The witnesses last failed prediction was 1975. They will try to downplay this and claim that the society never officially endorsed 1975, but there is a 1968 Awake article that does just so, and most witnesses have never read it.
    br> They teach that all these failed predictions do not make them false prophets, and that God shines his light "gradually." That begs the question: if JW teaching was admittedly wrong in the past, how do you know that it isn't wrong now?

I sincerely hope you start doing independent research, especially into topics like the destruction of jerusalem, pedophilia scandals in the watchtower organization (how the organization was worse than the catholic church in their pedophile cover-ups), and false prophecies. Get the whole story before you commit. One you're baptized, doing any independent research on society doctrine is forbidden. If you find something in the future you disagree with, you can be disfellowshipped, and all JWs will be forbidden to even SPEAK to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit