Do the Governing Body members do door-to-door field service?

by R.F. 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.F.
    R.F.

Those of you that have been around the GB members on a regular basis, do they actually do the door-to-door work themselves, or do they mainly count the talks they give as their field service time?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

• What-A-Coincidence
  • journey-on
    journey-on

Are you okay, Nathan. Catch your breath!!

• blondie
    blondie

Some do; some don't.

It's like the elders......when is the last time you worked door to door with one or saw one actually spend some time in the house to house???

Some are very good about it; others are invisible men.

Blondie

• TheListener
    TheListener

The simple answer is Yes.

However, as some of them age they are able to go out less and less.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I wonder if the watchtower writers get to count time for all those magazines placed.

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

Like it's been already mentioned, some do and some don't.

However, even the ones that do, don't do it too often because they have lots of other stuff to do and the WT considers their role of dispensing food at the proper time for the rank and file JW's more important than going from door to door trying to convert non-believers.

Justahuman - but super nonethless

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I once took Carey Barber and his wife out in field service. They said it had been months since they'd gone door to door, and asked if we had an return visits we could take them on!

I don't believe that that is unusual among the Bethel heavies. Some may go door to door at times, but it's not like they're doing more, or even as much, as a typical brother.

S4

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi,

To my way of thinking and I could be wrong but I should imagine that the upper echelons will do what every other large corporations do and that is to have the bosses make an appearence on the shop floor, on the coal face, out in the field ,or if millitary on the front line every now and again to boost the morale of the troops.They then quickly clear off and go back to their comfort zones and think up ways of increasing production etcetra, not really caring too much about the well being of the rank and file trying to get as much out of people as cheaply as possible.

One of the first questions I asked before swallowing the bait was exactly your question .The reply was Bro. Knorr ,Franz,and the others all go out door to door Sunday mornings.Like an idiot I fell for it.Like they say there's one born every minute .Glad I swam to safety though before I was completely doomed to a life of religious futility.

Edmond of the escape commitee..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit