Dirty Laundry Poll

by Honesty 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do you believe that the Watchtower Society's Dirty Laundry should be suppressed so that prospective converts to this group will not be able to see both sides of the story?

After all, will what they don't know about the Watchtower Society really harm them?

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

No I feel that things should be open and transparent with all religions so that everyone thinking of converting has the opportunity to make an informed decision before the fact. Not knowing the dirty secrets may not hurt you after joining, but wouldn't you like to know about something before blindly jumping on board? Which reminds me... I have to do my dirty laundry today! Cheers.

• Ab&Sarah
    Ab&Sarah

Isn't that one of the things that they say makes the Bible so unique . It exposes the dirty laundry of ones . David . Solamon etc. If they came clean people would respect it . But the coverup just causes resentment , when you find out their double standard and lies .

• dobbie
    dobbie

LOL when i saw the title i though it really WAS about dirty laundry!I'm such a sad housewife!Whenever i see a thread anywhere on chat sites etc re jws i always give my experiences and mention doctrine flip flops etc (but in a reasonable way of course), i think its so important to let people that may be interested in studying with them know what happens if they want to leave after baptism, and about all the cover ups and not thinking for themselves etc etc. If i had known any of this i really do think it would have put me off studying with them.

• changeling
    changeling

I thought this thread was about actual laundry. I hate laundry. The chore that never ends...

changeling

• changeling
    changeling

And to answer your question: NO! People have a right to know the truth.

changeling

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

My view is that before an individual can make an informed choice about a matter they need to be in posession of all the facts.

An individual being enticed into the religion will only see the good side. It is only after being in the religion for a number of years - and potentially then bringing up children in that religion, that they will begin to see the deadly flaws.

But by then it may be too late for them to just to be able to leave without fatally damaging their family infrastructure.

Best to know the "truth" now rather than later.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I spoke to my mother the other day, active dub that she is.

She commented that I was convinced it is not the truth, and she is convinced that it is, so let's not discuss it, and I ruefully refrained from saying, "let us examine those convictions and the foundation upon which they rest, information. Which of us is making use of all the available information, and which is only knowing what they are 'allowed' to know?"

Without knowledge, one can make a fool choice that will ruin their life. Once they are within the grasp of the WTS they will close their eyes to all info about the WTS that doesn't originate with the WTS itself.

So, the only chance they have of knowing both sides is to be told BEFORE the WTS hooks go to deep.

We ABSOLUTELY should continue educating people.

That most people who hear EVERYTHING about the WTS decide NOT to join is not our problem, perhaps the WTS should just own up and change its ways?

Yeah, the day Rosie O Donnel passes up a pie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit