I was jogging with my brother a little while ago...

by R.F. 8 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

...and I have a new found appreciation for moments like these with my loved ones.

I'm not blaming this completely on the Borg, but i've realized lately that I didn't spend much time with them. Between all the meetings, door to door field service, and preparing for these, I didn't have much time left for anything. I feel even closer to my brother now as well as the rest of my family now. I'm just so glad that i've begun my exit from the Borg so early in life. I plan on appreciating them as best I can for the rest of our lives. This may not seem like much, but it means the world to me, and I just felt the urge to share with you all.

R.F.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thank you for sharing, and I agree, family is important.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I feel even closer to my brother now as well as the rest of my family now. I'm just so glad that i've begun my exit from the Borg so early in life.

That's great R.F. Aren't all of your family JWs though? How are they reacting to the fact that you aren't going to meetings anymore?

• R.F.
    R.F.

My father and I are the only baptized Dubs. He questions me alot, my mom doesn't really question me at all. My siblings definitely don't care about my missing meetings.

• educ8self
    educ8self

I appreciate that. I recently had an experience with someone online that I met in person where the initial exchange made me kind of think "Man, what a mess! This person's got issues" which is true, in our meeting they told me about their childhood dynamics and so on. But the thing I appreciated about this person is they are working on themselves, and although it necessarily involves a degree of psychologizing they were not hiding behind that structure and rationalizing everything, but rather really trying to understand themselves. And come to think of it, even that isn't SO important. The JWs in their ignorance think everyone needs to know "the truth" when in fact it's just about life when you get right down to it. The little things like enjoying your time with friends and family is to me an expression of appreciating life as it is rather than making it into something you read about and want to believe in.

• changeling
    changeling

RF, I'm really glad to see that someone as young as you can have a true appreciation of what's important in life.

I'ts no little thing to enjoy a jog with your brother, It's what life is all about.

I'm also glad that you have set your mind free of this destructive religion, and have your whole life ahead of you to learn, live and enjoy.

Your post made my day (or night). You get the picture.

I wish you the very best of everything,

changeling

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

yay!!!!!

I feel the same too. Spending time with my family is sooo nice. (well most of the time)

purps

ps......so hot to be out there jogging.........whew.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I can really appreciate what you're experiencing. After not speaking to my brother for nearly twenty years because of the Borg, the joy I feel spending time with him is impossible to convey in words. More joy than I ever knew in the Borg, that's for damn sure! brunn

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you everyone. It's just mind-blowing to think of what i've been missing because of being an active Dub. Life has so much more meaning for me now.

Purps- I actually had a sweatsuit on lol! I wanted to sweat a little extra.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit