Re: Record Length of time as JW

by fedorE 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• fedorE
    fedorE

I cant find any stats on JWs #'s re disfellowshipping. Does anyone know of any studies?

By no means is this "statistically sound" but its of intrest on the #'s that emerge from about 28 persons, the years are respectively:
    50 47 43 37 30 39 25 54 30 32 24 36 25 15 28 8 42 30 14 23 52 42 18 35 48 64 54 35

Given the small scale of 28 ppl= Only 4 served less than 20 years
    Theres perhaps about 500-600 ex JWs on this board from the member directory that im sure would say that Belief and not Morality was the deciding factor in leaving.It seems the majority of those that should leave the religion in the future should be from lengthy servitude.
    Im wondering what % of JWs are leaving ?? 25,000-40,000?? and after what period of time, and is it getting longer, or shorter? (Heather and Gary Botting analyzed some statistics in their book The Orweillian World of the Jehovahs Witnesses in mid 80's)
    I would love to know what % are Dfd for apostasy in relation to other issues. (Nowadays it would seem that the child rape issue is mingled with apostasy so many should be leaving in the next 5yrs is my guess) Does the Society still publish #'s for those Dfd on a yearly basis?

http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm -Only published i could find.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

"I would love to know what % are Dfd for apostasy in relation to other issues." Self-reporting on a public forum is a dubious, if not unscientific method of research; although it's interesting! If only one can account for duplicates and those unable to report their experiences objectively . . . you would have a very long list of people whose reasons for disfellowshipping included, but were not limited to "apostacy," at least in our own opinions, (and in the elders' opinions, as well). It's actually quite complex, don't you think? I mean, there's your truth, my truth and the truth. You , me, the elders and the outside world - and the intervening years of reason and counseling (by actual professionals) to help un-distort and sort it out.

• xnmad
    xnmad

i was dfd 4 pre marital sex, if that any help. was baptised at age 15, n dfd at 17. not long i no but it was only coz cudnt talk bout what happend 2 me.x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit