Enjoy the day!

by TR 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

For those that observe, Happy Thanksgiving!

Tom

• Carmel
    Carmel

Thanks! I did, but dinner was pita bread and peanut butter! No football on Israeli TV, so I laid on the deck and got a sunburn.

cheers'

carmel

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Carmel,

Don't they have jelly over there? Whenever I read your words, I'm reminded of the following quote:

I always astonish strangers by my amiability, because no human being could be so disagreeable as they expect me to be. George Bernard Shaw

Btw, thanks for forwarning COMF about my amiability, fool.

May God defend me from my friends. I can defend myself from my enemies.Voltaire

Are you still coming the the usa for a visit? Is that why the suntanning?

waiting

• TR
    TR

I wonder why this post showed up 5 days late?

TR

• Peter
    Peter

Because Jehovah's holy spirit prevented it in order that his people would not be corrupted by celebrating the God dishonoring holiday you Satan-loving snake!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

God hates turkeys?
    Hmmm.. I know several people who are in trouble now!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Tom,

Your Thanksgiving post was dated - and shown - correctly. Guess we were all so busy eating we missed it.

Thank goodness Sunburned Carmel caught it between pita & peanut butter sandwiches!

Hey Frenchy,

I'm sure Peter was being sarcastically funny. We all know that God loves turkeys. And we all know that a whole bunch of turkeys - in and out of the organization - get together to kill and eat other turkeys (not so fortunate) on Thanksgiving Day. The jw turkeys just call it a "family get-together because we're all off work and eat turkey because it was on sale day."

Hey Peter,

If you're new here - welcome. A hint for getting along with others on an open forum which depends upon at least a hint of manners - particularily from professed jw Christians: don't go calling another human:

Satan-loving snake

Just doesn't sound very Christian, now does it? And Jehovah's people are to be formost Christians, aren't they? Didn't we at one time take on the message going door-to-door explaining to people that: "Yes, m'am, we are Jehovah's Christian Witnesses. We surely do believe, m'am, that Jesus is God's son and our savior. We're Christians."

So, it would behoove us all to behave as such, don't you think, Peter?
    Being that it's getting so close to Christmas and all - want to keep that Christian Christmas Spirit!

"Tis the Reason for the Season."

What a hoot to actually write such cliches!

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 29 November 2000 13:12:36

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey snake lady, don't go giving poor peter a bad time. After all he holds the keys to "heaven and earth"..

Yep, I'm coming west. Probably this time next week. Looks like i will touch and go through Atlanta on the way to Seattle. Return flight is tougher, will be close to xmas so seat selection is a little dicy.
    Looks like I probably will be abandoning my cave here in the desert and take up a float house in the evergreen state. things are coming to an end here so I have to return to the world of the employed..

cheers,

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit