A Witness wrote his OWN Bible Translation!

by B_Deserter 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

http://www.geocities.com/simplifiedbible/index.html

I'm not sure what to make of this. I wonder if this is going to be taken down soon due to the new KM.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't know if he is a good scholar or not but there are so many translations already, do we need to have more?

The WTS is not likely to take kindly to this because the FDS considers all things religious to be under his own jurisdiction and bitterly resents any interferences in that sector. Such initiatives could lead to DFing and they will be looking if there is anything in it that undermines their teachings.

• steve2
    steve2

I quickly checked the link and had to laugh out loud at the "LIBERAL COPYRIGHT PERMISSION" statement.

Does the author identify himself by name and state his credentials and qualifications - or does he follow the NWT and remain silent on both his name and credentials and qualifications?

I agree the last thing the world needs is yet another Bible translation!

• Gregor
    Gregor

This person has too much time on his hands. Much ado about...nothing.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

This is his translation of Revelation 22.5: There will be no night there. They need no lamp, neither light of the sun, for Jehovah God gives them light.

...I sure wonder if that`s in the original manuscripts...

• steve2
    steve2
    This is his translation of Revelation 22.5: There will be no night there. They need no lamp, neither light of the sun, for Jehovah God gives them light.

A nice impartial translation. Not.

Now, this will be his translation after he is censured by the "faithful and discreet slave" for running ahead of the organization:

" There will be no night there. They need no lamp, neither light of the sun, for Jehovah God - who does not need a so-called faithful and discreet slave - to give them light."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This is taken from his qfr:

The reason the Faithful Slave is right in its efforts to lead the congregation is because the Faithful Slave always refers to the Holy Scriptures when making decisions. Holy Spirit inspires the Word of God! So by extension the Faithful Slave receives direction from God through His Word.

This is an example of circular reseaning. But by extension, he is merely an "associate" that must be squashed by the same fds that he so adamantly defends.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    The reason the Faithful Slave is right in its efforts to lead the congregation is because the Faithful Slave always refers to the Holy Scriptures when making decisions. Holy Spirit inspires the Word of God! So by extension the Faithful Slave receives direction from God through His Word.

So anyone reading the Word of God is being guided by his spirit!

• changeling
    changeling

He's in deep doodoo now!

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

Nothing new here. The New World Translation was created by self appointed experts to fulfill the needs of the the Brooklynites of the day. Another version must be due anyday now to take account of the new light that has made its way into their strong room and financial records. The white rabbit and his inaccurate time piece needs new instructions from God !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit