My Study Helped Me Out Of The Truth

by choosing life 7 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

The last study I had was with a couple. They studied for over a year and even attended meetings for a while. At the indoctrination sessions, though, they seemed to be able to see through so much of the nonsense. They really liked and respected the witnesses, but could pick apart their doctrines.

At first, I tried hard to overcome their objections. Then I started seeing that they made more sense than the dubs. They weren't even religious people and hadn't read the Bible or attended a church in 30 years. I started researching more on the internet to try and make sense of things and learned the truth about "the truth." The study continued, only I didn't try to overcome their objections. I couldn't come out to them, as another witness was going to the study with me. So I just let them fade and then I faded from the hall. They were actually still attending after I left.

I would love to talk to them and thank them, but it would blow my fade, as they are still called on occassionally.

• fedorE
    fedorE

At any time did they ever try and blame you for anything? Maybe for not being spritual smart enough?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    They were actually still attending after I left.

I would love to talk to them and thank them, but it would blow my fade, as they are still called on occassionally.

So...they just liked going to the meetings for the people? That's a curious choice, especially since they know the whole thing's BS.

I mean, hell, I still dig certain people at the hall. I go for the people, and not much else. So maybe I understand, but even then, how hard up are these people for good company? They seem smart enough. Why can't they find a place where the people are nice AND there's no BS indoctrination going on?

• fedorE
    fedorE

I had that thought because I also had that happen to me only in reverse.I started a study with a co worker from Checloslovakia named Jon Tajzler, in Hamilton Ontaio,and passed it on to the locals...... and since i was having my own doubts i kept telling him to investigate on his own without JW help...which he did, and then his family stopped studying..but at work he would tell me not to blame myself for his change of heart..which made me feel real good and less guilty.(We worked at a construction company called Bravo Cement in Stoney Creek. )..When i called the local congregation for an update to how my "study" was doing (had to make it look good) an elder told me he stopped studying and although he sees this happen from time to time he thinks someone helped him reconsider things and how sad it all was.....LOL

• choosing life
    choosing life

fedorE,

So you did him a favor. Have you been able to tell him about your exit or are you still fading? I would love to talk to my old studies, but they are not the kind I am sure would keep a secret.

Sir Nose,

I guess they were lonely people. They had grown children who visited often, though. I think they wanted to believe it. They thought many of the witnesses were good people. There was a lot of love bombing going on from the cong. Also one of them had the dreaded cigarette habit. Didn't want to break it. They asked me last time I spoke to them what happened to me. I just had to make some excuses which were only part of the problem.

I wish I could talk with everyone who I drug into this mess, as there were several. Not sure they would want to hear because I have not heard from them since I left.

• Es
    Es

Its funny the JW who brought my mum and dad in to the borg left after the whole 1975 thing, I think thats the right year? When the world was going to end.

es

• fedorE
    fedorE

Oh he knew cause after i got DFd i went to visit him in Hamilton and we stayed in touch for a while but lost touch...so i hope he reads this...

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's an interesting and unusual twist because people that study with the JWs usually don't know the Bible very well and that's why they get taken in by them. Thanks to them you got out of the WTS system of deception.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit