Conventions

by Sasha 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sasha
    Sasha

Any one out there go this summer? What was the basics of it all this year? I am just curious.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Overall, obey the Faithful and Discreet Slave since Christ trusts them. That's the basic essense of the entire thing.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Oh yeah! And don't forget to avoid the EVIL INTERNET, and a university education means you'll be D.E.A.D. at Armageddon.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Does that include Bethel lawyers, architects, etc.? Hahaha.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They never explain properly why the Christ trusts the FDS what has he done to be worthy of the trust of Christ? Is it the inability to formulate some stable and reliable doctrine? Is it the cruelty towards the ex JWs? Is it the deep aversion towards charity work for the sake of the loyal but needy JWs? Is it the greedy grabbing of power that leaves all the fellow anointed, some of them no doubt more inspired and capable than the GB members, in a useless state at the margins of the JW society?

• moshe
    moshe

I wish we could find a good reporter capable of writing a story about the Conventions- maybe they did go, but couldn't stay awake.

• penny2
    penny2

My extended family are there this weekend. What I've heard so far - the music is beautiful and it's great catching up with old friends. It sounds more like a social event than a serious spiritual learning experience.

Just reinforcement for the brainwashed mind, I think.

• 5go
    5go

My convention phot album 2007 "Follow the Zombie Jesus" Distric Convention

• Sasha
    Sasha

Yeah, Moshe, if you go you see everyone nodding out. Then if you don't take notes (And give yourself a migraine headache) you can't remember much. Then just try reading back you're notes. (Another migraine headache.)

I always felt bad about the 10 year olds who got up like little robots....proclaiming they're witnessing in school and not going to college, etc. WAHHHH I want a reliable report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit