Naples, Florida community resisting Kingdom Hall construction

by Gopher 9 Replies latest social current

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here's the link to the news story from a Fort Myers, Florida TV station: CLICK HERE

Jehovah Witness expansion: Not in my backyard!

By WINK Web Manager
    Not in my backyard! That’s the message a group of Golden Gate Estates people are saying to a Jehovah Witness congregation wanting to expand its Kingdom Hall.

“I don't understand how a religious group can have principals such as that”, says Minister Gene Case [a JW elder].

Jeff Rainer says he's handed a petition filled with eleven signatures from homeowners asking code enforcement to reject the proposal. Rainer says the group is upset about excess noise and traffic.
    The Witnesses were originally granted a conditional use permit, which would allow the building to operate at a smaller size.

Minister Gene Case says it's only one man complaining for a whole neighborhood. Case says it's unfair that his group be targeted. He believes commissioners are enforcing an ordinance to benefit a few people.

• Mum
    Mum

So, let me see if I understand. Mr. Case is a JW minister? Is it a religious group that is trying to block the hall expansion? Why would JW's be shocked that a religious group held "principals" (principles) that are perceived by JW's as wrong?

It sounds more like a planning and zoning issue than code enforcement anyway.

Regards,

SandraC

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mum,

Yes the article is a bit confusing. One side is Jeff Rainer and this neighborhood group, and on the other side are Gene Case and the JW's.

JW's in Naples seem to be seeking an exception to the code regarding noise and traffic, so they can have their large Kingdom Hall. The JW's are crying to the media that they're being discrimated against.

From my visit to the area, Naples has a lot of rich retired folks, and they want their peace and quiet !!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

A large percentage of the Naples/FT Myers population are retired folks and they love their peace and quiet. The dubs are trying to gain sympathy through the media for the halls expansion because real estate in that area is very pricey and it will be hard to find another spot to build a bigger kingdumb hall that the congo can afford, so if they loose this battle they are screwed. Lets hope they do.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well if I only had the time I could go down there and help the city out.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I used to work in Naples, and a little sidenote .... the TV Station putting this story out has a TV News Anchor (Patrick Comer) that is an elder and HLC member (actually he recently left the station). Yet, he is still very well connected both in the local media and is a robot JW Elder and it looks like he pulled some of his connections out to get this story aired. When the Society says jump - he says how high. I personally know elders (that have left the JWs) that have confronted him on blood contradictions and the elder asking the question ended up being marked by this guy.

He now works for a local fire dept. You can see him here. Looks like he used some of his connections in the story there too.

It's more than just a coincidence it was on WINK TV. It was a strategy for sure.

SIDENOTE: Man that Gene Case looks and acts like an arrogant prick elder doesn't he?

-ithinkisee

• steve2
    steve2

The JWs are not exactly night-owls or early morning demons. They don't make a lot of noise during their meetings - if anything the meetings are dead-bor-ing. So, they should fit very nicely into a semi-retirement suburb and maybe even catch a few zzzzzzzzzzzs during meetings?

• restrangled
    restrangled

I understand their concern. We have a recently built KH on a 2 lane road just down the street. This KH is used by 3 separate congregations, and when they let out, only allow right turns.

This 2 lane road is a major road in our town. The KH also sits right next to a Baptist church and on the other side is the local Kindergarten through 6th grade school.

This road runs between to major 6 lane highways for untold neighborhoods and apartments. The additional traffic congestion was and is not a good thing. Although they do keep the KH landscape looking very nice.

r.

• wednesday
    wednesday

perhaps a few of us should enlighten the TV station regarding the pedophile conditions in the kingdom halls.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The Dub whiners should shut their pie-holes and "wait on Jehovah." Maybe it isn't Jah's will that they build there. They wouldn't want to be resisting the holy spirit, would they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit