Just joined the RBC (regional building committee.)

by darth frosty 20 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Was talking to a dub last night and he was telling me about the great new KH their building. He was saying that he and his wife have joined the RBC. He was gushing about all the new projects they have in the works (an assembly hall in howell MI, and a couple of KH's.) I couldn't help but think, for a group that claims the end is coming thats a lot of planting in this old system of things.

What is your experience with the RBC? I used to help out all over the state of MI. Looking back I think that I looked at it kinda like volunteering for habitat for humanity (only as I learned there is no humanity in the BORG world.)

• undercover
    undercover

I worked on a few quick-builds and helped on an Assembly Hall.

But I wasn't a construction junkie. Some of the brothers lived for quick-build projects. I guess anything was better than going out in service.

I did end up on a crew working for a brother who built off-site pieces for the hall. Because of that my name was entered in the RBC database. After I found out that this brother was being contracted to build the items for the hall at a price and he was using free labor from the friends at the hall, I quit helping. (It was an elder who confided in me that the brother was using us for free labor).

After I became inactive, I still received the RBC notices of quick-builds and remodeling projects. It wasn't until a year or so ago that my name was finally purged from the system as I have not received anything in that time.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    What is your experience with the RBC?

I worked on more KH than one can imagine, from all over PA, NJ, Delaware, MD, Florida,

I worked on projects in Costa Rica, Assembly Halls in Florida twice, worked at Patterson, the Farm on construction sites

I seen more drunkenness at all the sites and unbelievable DUI and DWI from more than half the sites, seen alcholism on every site including Patterson, heck they brought it out to us on many of the sites.

Poor brothers thinking about all this spiritualityand how great this is and there are so many brothers ducking behind trucks, taking walks, squating down inside trucks to guzzle beer.

Just my observations and experiences as I too drank with them, first hand

Seen it, done it, want nothing to do with it anymore.

Respectfully,

abr

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I find it interesting that my 'in' relatives constantly brag about the thought that almost every hall in their circuit is holding 2 congregations, "And some even have 3!!!!" *barf*

What's weird to me is that while driving through the city I've spotted 'for sale' signs on many of the established halls - including the one that houses the CO in the basement. It can't be because of age or asbestos because most if not all were gutted and renovated when I was in. The hall thats on my drive home from work is constantly being groomed or worked on by the Spanish contingent. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing anyone from the English speaking congo doing any lawn work in the last 4 years. Hmm, maybe they clean the inside.

Eagle

• changeling
    changeling

For a lot of single witnesses it's a way to meet potential marrige mates.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I loved QuickBuilds!

I guess anything was better than going out in service.

you said it! I get pioneer credit hours for going to the Qbuilds. I could get 50-60% of my time for the month.
    Nothing better than taking half the month off and going to a Qbuild.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I always liked em too. Got to meet hot chicks and you weren't out in service!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

My ex is on the work crews now for RBCs, in landscaping. It helps her to have stuff to look forward to, and I think it's a way she might meet a nice bro. I hope she does. My ex deserves to be with a nice, quiet, simple JW, not one who asked questions, had to be the hot shit young elder, and who eventually thought his way out of the Borg. But really, the ex is a wonderful woman who just never thinks too deeply about anything, only she married a guy who thinks deeply about everything.

Not sure where that little rant came from. Any psychs on the board tonight??

S4

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good point!

Habitat not Humanity.

Jeff

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i learned how to lay pipe thanks to the rbc....ooohhhh yeahhh baby. hahahahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit