WT 1986 re: The U.N.

by DazedAndConfused 8 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I don't know if this has been posted, quite frankly it gets confusing. If it has been posted I am sorry if it hasn't hopefully it will help. I took this from the 1986 Watchtower 10/01 page 20. It first describes the wild beast and what the heads and horns mean. Then it goes on to say, and I quote:

"Upon its back there rides a woman, "Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth."....She commits spiritual harlotry by getting involved in politics. Religion's linking up with the UN in the world's campaign for peace and security is an example of this."

Also I found in the September 1, 1987 Watchtower page 20:

"The United Nations is actually a worldy confederacy against Jehovah God and his dedicated Witnesses on earth today. .........scheming up what they may do against the visible organisation of Jehovah God on earth."

And this one is a winner. This one was found in the September 1, 1989 Watchtower page 6 (This page number was disappointing because it was not page 20. I was thinking that there must have been some significance to them putting most on the UN stuff on page 20.) The name of this article is "FULL OF BLASPHEMOUS NAMES" It goes on to say:

"Ascribing to human organisations things that God's Kingdom alone will accomplish is blasphemous. Thus, the Bible foretells that after a short existence, the United Nations will go "off into destruction." Only God's perfect heavenly government can bring lasting peace to mankind."

I have more article to look through but this but a few that I have come across that I felt were important.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Excellent quotes! Interesting that they are all pre-'91, after which things toned done a bit at HQ.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

And now lets compare with this ....

After you look at this letter Kent's http://watchtower.observer.org web site and you people still think this it is a fake letter, phone Paul Hoeffel yourself at (212) 963-8070.

hawk

• JT
    JT

1986 THE INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF PEACE as proclaimed by the Beast

if you do some cking on this point - you will find that the boys in Writing "HINTED" that this could have "some Possible" meaning

don't you just love it

look it up on the cdrom
    at work and don't have disk

james

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Daed and Confused,

thanks for the post and the excellent quotes!

Could you please post them in the main thread also, the

"United Nations, NOGO's and the WTBS " to make a greater

collection of quotes.

Thanks again and greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I love this one!! "The United Nations is actually a worldy confederacy against Jehovah God and his dedicated Witnesses on earth today. .........scheming up what they may do against the visible organisation of Jehovah God on earth." Aside from the fact that a mere 5 short years later, they would mount the "beast" themselves, this is just too telling of their psychoses.
    They have new treatments for paranoiatics these days!

B.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

MacHisLopp (I hope that is right! LOL) Anyway, I would love to post it in your thread but I can't get anywhere that has more than one page in it. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. Can you post them for me? Also, I came across the other bound volume that I wanted to quote from. It is the 1985 Watchtower bound volume. October 1st & 15th both contain a lot of their views on the UN. I would like to quote a couple of things from the 10/01 article. On page 5 it says:

"...the United Nations organisation is a child of this world and thus inherits its characteristics.....An immoral organisation can never bring peace and security."

This one I find particularly interesting on page 11:

"When the nations not only rejected God's Kingdom but also established thier own organisation to bring peace, that was rebellion."

Well this one is good too,LOL. From page 12:

""the disgusting thing" appeared at the moment Jehovah wanted his people to flee."

And to go on in the October 15th magazine, on page 6:

"But there is a more compelling reason why the United Nations' efforts to save the "old earth" are futile. (This next part is in italics in the article.) It is against God's purposes."

• Moxy
    Moxy

im surprised you didnt include the next sentence in that '87 quote

The United Nations is actually a worldly confederacy against Jehovah God and his dedicated Witnesses on earth. It is really a conspiracy, with the worldly nations getting their heads together and scheming up what they may do against the visible organization of Jehovah God on earth. During this ?conclusion of the system of things,? it was foreshadowed by the conspiracy referred to at Isaiah 8:12.

mox

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I guess I didn't include it because I quoted in the first post something very similar from the '87 Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit