Witness Reaction to Sept 07 KM

by skeeter1 8 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Please post any responses you get from Dubs on the latest Sept 07 KM.

I got my first response today. Cognitive Dissodence at its best! I was simply told to "Stop It". I sent the KM & a Watchtower article about having an open mind. The person just attends the Memorial, and no other meetings. You can lead a person to water...

Skeeter

• KW13
    KW13

The dub i spoke to, at first felt that it was simply impossible that people within their own organization could be the source of this Kingdom Ministry being given out, and that was very suprised to learn of people such as those people who are pretending to be witnesses, waiting for a chance to escape or just waiting it out till something changes.

ONE of the dubs wild theories was that there are people who've had access to the Society in the past, and have got access to their computers and have managed to somehow 'hack into them' taking what they want for apostates...i explained very clearly that the theory was crazyness.

The Kingdom Ministry itself - the idea of people being unable to look at the bible and its message independently from the Society in a group, or visiting websites to do with the Society didnt seem to sit well but the dub decided to go along with it just to appear to be on the same wave length as the Society.

One thing that bothers me is anything that could be even the smallest threat is being eliminated (well nearly, we are still here...) for example the independent thinking earlier this year and at the convention, the group thinking now in the Kingdom Ministry...what can you actually do these days as a dub?

• metaspy
    metaspy

I know all JWs I have talked to (and I have to do it low profile - still in the borg) have acted like doing group study outside of the WBTS material is treason and those doing it should be hanged, not have a Question box.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    ONE of the dubs wild theories was that there are people who've had access to the Society in the past, and have got access to their computers and have managed to somehow 'hack into them' taking what they want for apostates...i explained very clearly that the theory was crazyness.

Yes, in a world where 18 paragraphs is equal to 'deep study' there is a lot of room for crazy rumors and oddities.

• lies all lies
    lies all lies

I will let you know what the reaction is from the JWs I am still in contact with. Wait...they have to read it first don't they? Never mind then, there won't be a reaction.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I don't think there will be much of a reaction. I think they just take for granted the fact that everything the society says is true and should be accepted at face value. They don't really move taht much beyond that.

• Amyfa
    Amyfa

I showed my friend this (he stopped shunning me for a few days) and this is what he said

"I agree with that totally"

How can someone agree to be told what they can and can't read?

Think I am back to being shunned again now.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Ok, so forgive me for not looking, but I never did read those threads on the Sept. KM, so what does it say?

• blondie
    blondie
    How can someone agree to be told what they can and can't read?

Because they are afraid of being shunned by everyone they care about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit