Making a copy of the WT CD

by merfi 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• merfi
    merfi

Is there anything special that I need to do to make a copy of this for someone across the pond?

I'm running XP and simply using the 'write' feature that is a part of XP, no other program.

TIA,
    ~merfi

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/136877/1.ashx

Edited to add: "Damn! The file has been removed, I'll upload it again somewhere else and let you know where it is."

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

That link says file has been removed.

I had downloaded it a couple times from different links and saved it to a CD. When it finishes and I try to read it, it always says it can't open without me buying some other program.

Still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong.

• merfi
    merfi

Thanks Nic!

but...

(b) Download an illicit .iso file and simply burn it to a blank CD

Do I need to add this to the copy I'm making for it to work in the UK then?? Cuz what I'm doing is simply copying all the files from the WT CD to a blank, then burning, which has always worked when I pirate other stuff.

~merfi

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

merfi; The .iso file is an exact copy of the 2006 Watchtower CD, you won't need to do anything except to let your friend know where that file is. He will then be able to use Nero, Roxio or one of many free file burning programs to create a copy onto a blank CD.

It's a lot easier than it sounds.

Uploading file now . . . .

• merfi
    merfi

I think I'm being confusing or naturally blonde or something.... here's the deal. lol *I* am making a copy of *my* original from behind the literature counter WT CD 2005 for someone in the UK. Can I just copy/paste and burn the files to a blank CD and voila! Pirated version of WT CD? Or is there a 'language barrier' of some digital sort that I need a add-in file for him to use it?

~merfi

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

merfi, when the link above works again, your UK friend can simply use that link to download the whole thing from his/her end instead of you sending a CD copy. However - if you for some reason really need to copy it yourself and send it, I think you can do it the way you describe. Just select all the files on the CD and copy the entire contents to the other CD (you may have to first copy the content to a folder on your hard drive, and then write the files from the harddrive to the recordable CD). I doubt there is any copy protection on that CD (but I'm not 100% sure).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit