another Saturday night

by KatyH81 6 Replies latest jw friends

• KatyH81
    KatyH81

I am sitting at home on yet another Saturday night alone. Yeah I guess I could go out, but it's not really fun going out alone to the same ol' bars seeing the same ol' drunks. There's not much to do around here being in a small southern town. I need to meet some people around here to go out with.

More or less I'm just venting that I'm bored, but if anyone wants to come down here and do something, let me know

• BFD
    BFD

Sweet Home Alabama!

Sorry, I don't think I could get there before tomorrow sometime.

BFD

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Move to the coast. I was born in Mobile and lived there until I was seven.

• KatyH81
    KatyH81

I used to live in the city and hated it. That is why I moved to the country. Even though there is more stuff to do at night in the city, I'm more or less looking for people to go do things with.

Thanks for the input, I just don't like having people next door to me. In the country you don't have to worry about the noise you make or people looking in your windows.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I understand about city living. I've lived in or near several big cities. I like Grand Rapids, about the size of Mobile, because you can drive 15 miles from city center and you are in farm country. Bars are a horrible place to meet people. Getting involved with a group of people who share a hobby or other common interest with you might help. What part of Alabama do you live in?

• coaster
    coaster

Me too, but I am married to active JW. Doy you have a motorcycle? Clubs have great people you can get to know quickly. I cold ride down this fall.

Bikes are ahellofalotta fun....coaster

• KatyH81
    KatyH81

I live in northeastern Alabama. halfway between Birmingham and Atlanta. But it's still too far to drive to either for just a night out.

Doy you have a motorcycle?

No, I don't have a motorcycle, but I've always wanted one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit