NWT on WT CD 2006

by erynw 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• erynw
    erynw

Is this version the same as the interlinear version?

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Yes.

Remember that there are two editions of the KIT. The first was published in 1969, and is now out of print. The second edition was released in 1985 and is still available, though difficult to obtain. The English text of the KIT 2 is the same as the NWT which is available on-line and on the WT CD.

The 1984/85 edition of the NWT is now the official standardized version, since with the death of Milton Henschell all the former members of the original Translation Committee of 1950 are now deceased. This naturally means that no further revisions can be made.

Cheers

• erynw
    erynw

Yes.

Remember that there are two editions of the KIT. The first was published in 1969, and is now out of print. The second edition was released in 1985 and is still available, though difficult to obtain. The English text of the KIT 2 is the same as the NWT which is available on-line and on the WT CD.

The 1984/85 edition of the NWT is now the official standardized version, since with the death of Milton Henschell all the former members of the original Translation Committee of 1950 are now deceased. This naturally means that no further revisions can be made.

Cheers

Thank you. I've been out of the Borg for so long I had forgotten there was an interlinear version until I started reading posts here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit