Someone here wants my letter to the Society. Should I?

by coaster 5 Replies latest jw friends

• coaster
    coaster

I sent one a year ago and the elders after 4 or 5 months got an answer to a few of the many questions that I asked. Another newbie, like me, would like a copy of it. He sounds real, and is prob about to be df'd. Can you beleive I feel kinda scared to send it to him, because I am not yet on the DF hit list. I like my letter. I like my questions. I like this new guy. But I think maybe I should just post the questions as new topics, and he will get the same info. Your thoughts?

too paranoid?

coaster

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Maybe blank out any information that may point at you before you send it.

• DJK
    DJK

Follow your fear until you can make it fear you.

In other words, wait until you can be confident of someones trust.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

See what this terrible religion has done to us? Made us all paranoid and jumping at shadows.

I recall the realness of that feeling. I ran away from a poster who lived in this area, and who made contact with me suggesting we meet. I thought she might be a Watchtower spy. However a few weeks back we finally met, and had a wonderful evening of conversation with her family and mine.

Still I understand the fear. And respect it.

The time will come when you dare to let yourself be free to meet, encourage, and share with whomever you like. Till then, abide the fear.

Jeff

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't which poster you are referring so this is just a general response.

Your first responsiblity is to yourself. If you are not comfortable due to anonimity issues, then stay guarded.

This forum is about sharing though. Your offer to post your questions to allow others to respond is good.

A few times I've seen information posted by one poster thru another to maintain anonimity. You might ask a trusted posted to that for you, if you want to.

I've met quite a few posters from JWD during the past year and a half. Without exception, it's been a wonderful experience. Several have even been in my home.

-Aude.

• coaster
    coaster

Thanks guys, I got a nice PM from my English friend and sent a condensed version of my letters, but still left my name and my CO's name out, and used an alternate e-mail. This type of fear is debilitating!

coaster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit