A Reply to "We Have the Truth" - by MutualRespectPlease

by BlackPearl 5 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

MRP, I/we do respect your post, but....why do you post and dash? You provide what appears to be a loving, genuine, post and then you disapear, just like the elders I used to know. They provide lot's of food for thought, but then, when you really need them, they're nowhere to be found. Unfortunately, your genuiness is so easy to see right through, there is no substance to it. You've posted, and now you've dashed off. There are some genuine questions, by genuine, sincere people being asked of you since your post, and you're simply gone. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE GOT FROM OUR CONGREGATIONS AND IN SOME CASSES, FROM THE SOCIETY AS WELL.

Thanks for you comments, and hope that you come back soon. If you ditch us, we'll know you're exactly like the rest, no different. JW's can pose thoughts and comments, but have no way to back them up. They just dissapear.

BP

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Exactly, BP.

I was really hoping MRP would be different.

I thought he had some special information.

The "demon" thing intrigued me.

But how sad it would be that the most convincing reason to be a JW is that the demons told you to. LOL!

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Ya, the Demon thing freaked me out a little too. Why would someone like him go into such detail?

BP

• Open mind
    Open mind

I agree with MRP on the demon thing. They really do cower in fear when the name Jehovah is invoked by JWs. Why is "Jehovah" more effective than Yahweh or perhaps some other variation that a Hebrew scholar might say is even closer to the "original" pronunciation?

Demons are afraid of Germans. Since the name "Jehovah" has Germanic roots, it has the most effect on them.

*removing tongue from cheek*

Seriously, MRP, if you're reading this, have you ever wondered about that? The name "Jehovah" is often viewed by JWs like it's some kind of special talisman that can be used by a FAITHFUL (that's the key, I know) JW to keep the demons at bay. If the name itself is so important, why hasn't the Creator made and kept it's original pronunciation known?

I know the standard response. Jehovah is the most commonly recognized pronunciation in our culture (debatable) and so we know that Jehovah represents the God of the Bible. And that's fine as long as you acknowledge that the JWs chosen pronunciation of the divine name isn't somehow "special" in keeping the demons away. When you think about it from an individual demon's perspective it seem ludicrous don't you think? They were cast out and chased off by Jesus and the apostles using some name that clearly was not "Jehovah", and then along comes the German language hundreds of years later and all of a sudden the demons get all weak-kneed because of the Germans?

Achtung baby.

Just something to think about.

Open Mind

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

That explains it perfectly!

OMG!

I've never been bothered by demons. My father, a life-time JW in his 60's neither.

Our family hails from Munich.

You just blew my mind, Om!

Bratwurst and Franziskaner anyone?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

An interesting way to look at the demon thing is this: we know that Satan is smart...smarter than any human. He's cunning and dirty. Since it makes Satan happy to see people stay in a cult, it seems logical to me that he would use his smarts to make Witnesses think that they have the truth and that he is sooooooo afraid of Jehovah's name. When he is actually just laughing it up on the inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit