I Think I want to go to Heaven when I die..

by hilannj 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hilannj
    hilannj

I have never really thought about it.. but I think I do want to go to heaven.. I WANT to have a personal relationship with Jesus, feel comfortable praying to him and to God. And even if it is a lie, I want to hope for it and believe it, and someday teach my children the same.. Is that wrong? cause it feels a little wrong to want these things. Hil

• dvw
    dvw

Well said. I bet alot of people feel exactly the same way.

• fresia
    fresia

I have no desire to go to heaven. We can have a personal relationship with Jesus here and now.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Rather than thinking of getting to heaven in the bye and bye, it's a question of getting heaven into you here and now.

Doug

• John Doe
    John Doe

I want a grape soda when I die.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    I want a grape soda when I die.

MMMMMM.....Grape Soda...ahhhhhhhh

hilannj:
    In JW theology the focus is always heavy on a physical reward, hence the real difficulty any JW will have in describing to you what spiritual things are. In the words of my wife "to a JW spiritual things are physical things you are going to get in the future".

I'm glad your starting to open up to new ideas. Now the real challenge is keeping that going...

• choosing life
    choosing life

You are in line with the New Testament then because that is the only hope that Jesus held out to his followers. So, no you are not out of line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit