Feng Shui Anyone?

by snarf 7 Replies latest jw friends

• snarf
    snarf

I am trying a new aproach on life while entering my mid 30's. I want a more peaceful environment, less stuff to work around, etc. Anyone try this in their homes? If so, what resulted from it? DId you have the peace and tranquility, financial success, more "heat" in the bedroom? I have been in a few homes that were designed this way and they did seem to be very airy and relaxing, but then again there were no kids running and screaming either...hahaha.

Also, for those of you that know feng shui, my home is a split level home in which right when you open the front door you either go up stairs or down stairs...any suggestions on that?

• aniron
    aniron

Hang on.

I'll just move my armchair and potted plant to the left a little. Then give you the answer.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I have the same type home, and I'm in the process of redecorating. I would also like some tips.

I don't know if we need more heat in the bedroom thou...

nj

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

Staircases make energy move up and down too rapidly, so you need to place heavy solid objects at the bottom of the staircase and wrap silk vines around the banisters to slow the energy down. You need to hang a crystal at the top of the staircase to keep the energy from falling down to the center.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

That's kinda hard to do with the door at the bottom of the stairs. This split level thing is gonna be hard. Maybe we should buy a new house My hubby already thinks I'm crazy with the Feng Shui

nj

• journey-on
    journey-on

I have a book called "10-minute Feng Shui". It says "split-entry foyers, which feature a stairway going to an upper level and another leading down to a lower level, can be confusing to ch'i -- it doesn't know which way to flow. Direct ch'i into one area or the other by illuminating the path you want it to take or accentuating one stairway with artwork, plants, or other visually appealing cures."

A lot of feng shui is just plain intuition -- doing what makes you feel good using natural light, things from nature, etc. to clear your living space of negative energy so ch'i can flow smoothly.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have a book on it and done a few things. I'm not totally conviced of the validity, but find it interesting. The funny thing was I read that I should put the picture of a person I admire in the fame area of the house. I had an Oprah Winfrey magazine so I placed it there, since I admire her. A few days later a neighbor called me and asked, "Did you know you were famous?". It turned out my picture was in a newsletter that goes out to all the residents in my area. I was dressed in my "flower Fairy" outfit at the Pumkin Fest a few years ago, and they used that picture in a retrospective of the activities center. Of cource I'm not really famous, I just thought it was interesting she used that term. FFF (famous flower fairy).

• snarf
    snarf

I bought feng shui for dummies, pretty good read so far, but my main issue is the dag nab entry, it is kinda small and throws ya down or up the stairs, so placing a big object would get in the way, also we don't have banister type stairs, it is a 1/2 solid wall...ho hum.

Maybe my dreams of feng shui decorating days are over....for the entry anyway..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit