another story

by mentalclearness 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

well learning to fly's story inspired me to write this one...it happened to my extended family...well here goes...our family is very deep rooted in the organization....like in the proclaimers book...part of history...anyways, this one famous "brother" had several children and was an active witness throughout his life..enjoying the type of notoriety that comes from being part of JW history and having a recognizable last name...one day we find out he has died...and apparently it wasn't an accident because he left a note....of course other family members try to say he mixed his medicine...but why the note??? well soon after one of his daughters is super depressed and tries to commit suicide. she is also a witness...slowly after much therapy seems she gets her memory back and remembers that good old dad sexually abused her until she got her period...turns out he did this to all his children....of course all of them had blocked out the memories but all had problems with their husbands in the sexual department...they all began remembering incidences as well...so in the end, this brother that everyone looked up and thought was so wonderful was just another sick pedophile who raped all his kids and committed suicide. Oh and yes, he was an alcoholic as well.....

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Pedophiles seem quite drawn to the Borg and I guess since they get carte blanc with the two witness rule and oh yeah, they cry so they can't possibly be guilty of that heinous sort of conduct! I am so not surprised to hear stories like this one. I lived it. Mr. Elder at the hall and brutal abuser at home. Great childhood and somehow I kept convincing myself that it just was not Jehovah's time to step in....

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Makes me sad every time I hear another story like this.. it is bad under any circumstances to be abused, but to have it happen under the cover of a religion to me adds another dimension to it completley. I hope all those girls are ok..

Although my story was hard to share, I am so glad it can help others to share their experiences and stories too..

LTF

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Hugss to you Freegirl.. I am sorry to hear you've had the same horrible experiences, my advice is to share, and talk talk talk, it helps to relieve the heaviness of it all...

LTF

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

i talked to my mom yesterday at the increasing amount of really unchristian like people in the halls and basically she said the world is getting so bad it's spilling into the congregations...whatever.. i guess there is an answer for everything....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit