DC Notes

by lrkr 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lrkr
    lrkr

I went to Sat afternoon- about all I could stand. Here are brief notes:

Talk- Dont follow the crowd Main points- dont date, dont watch certain movies

Talk- Dont follow your heart- main point- here's how not to dress

Talk- Dont follow idols- Points- Politics, materialism and romantic love are bad

Talk- Dont follow false teachings- Apostates are among us- don't read, dont watch tv or go on the internet

Talk- Dont follow false stories- the news is wrong (probably to immunize against news about the molestation settlement)

Talk Dont follow Satan- Dont criticize.

Talk- Taught by Jehovah- Dont go to college- people are sad there, not all people that go to college are successful, meetings are better

Talk- Inactive people- Love bomb them, if you come back you wont feel so guilty.

Talk- Family- wives- dont work, dont hang out with your friends, better to sit around with pioneers who say (in one demo)- silly boy, you don't need to go to college the best work is pioneering., dont hang out with other kids.

Talk- follow the Christ- the most important thing Jesus did was be non-ambitious, live in poverty and keep his eye simple.

It was really amazing how different the talks sound after a little bit of de-programming. I consider going in limited quantities a part of my deprogramming.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Thanks for that. I'm going this starting Friday, I have heard the the Friday session is about be completely obedient to the FDS, and apparently they asked the audience if they have faith in the slave, because Jehovah and Jesus do and everyone applauds for yonks. worship the slave.

will be taking notes on all talks throughout the convention.

• sspo
    sspo
    Talk- Taught by Jehovah- Dont go to college- people are sad there, not all people that go to college are successful, meetings are better

Idiots at Bethel don't have $800/1200 rents or mortgages or car payments,doctor's bills and raising kids and on and on.

Fortunately among young ones in the english congr. are not listening to them.

After high school no one is pioneering and the majority of them are getting an education.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Don't read, watch TV, or get on the Internet? And the news is wrong?

It is true that much of the news is done up to excess, and some is wrong. However, I can tell when something is wrong: when there is big money at stake, and the news article is promoting a big drug or food company. A prime example is that the FDA states that the benefits of the diabetes drug Avantia outweigh the risks. Another Vioxx in the making.

However, when they are reporting something like the pedophile suits, they do not stand to make billions of dollars for some big company. To the news staff, this is neutral. They are not getting a payment to slant the reporting one way or the other. And as such, it is quite believable.

As with the news, some of the things I see on the Internet or TV are dramatized. There is speculation about what could happen, which means there is a risk of its happening but by no means is it assured. Some things are downright wrong (they have to be--I have seen two or more items that contradict each other). Personal opinion also factors in. However, this is a sample of what could be coming up when the Kool-Aid edition of the Puketower debuts next year. I cannot tell based on what I have seen on the Internet which ones will and will not happen. But, I can tell that it is going to be a mighty rough time ahead for the Witlesses--their own Great Tribulation, created by the Puketower Society itself and not affecting the world.

And then there is entertainment. Not all things are accurate, nor are they always intended to be. Even if a story about the Witlesses is blatantly wrong (and totally implausible), there is always some entertainment value out of it. Even on this board, that is half the fun of posting--to see what is true, what is speculation or personal experiences, and what is just for entertainment value (and pokes fun at the Watchtower Society). You cannot get that from the official Tower approved sources.

• lrkr
    lrkr

I listened and all I heard was "isolate yourselves from everyone else."

It was like Following the Christ- means isolation from the rest of the world. The comments on the news I'm sure are meant to innoculate the Witnesses when news of the pedophile settlements start getting out.

When you understand the underlying intent everything becomes clear. I'm sure you all have already had this "ah-ha" moment. I'm so new to this that I really can't believe what I'm hearing. I thought I knew what they were talking about all of these years. But its like taking off a blindfold. All of a sudden- I see the real point behind the talks. Really scary.

• mavie
    mavie

Good for you lrkr!

I would encourage you to continue your research. I too went through a similar a-ha moment at a convention. I recently attended the local DC in my shorts and a t-shirt to listen to the Taught By Jehovah talk. It was amazing how totally detached from them I now feel about 18 months after leaving.

Research and occasional attendance is a great way to deprogram. It allows you to compare your research with the events going on around you during attendance.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I thought I knew what they were talking about all of these years. But its like taking off a blindfold. All of a sudden- I see the real point behind the talks. Really scary.

Let he who has "eyes", see and he who has "ears" hear. Suddenly, everything is clear and you see and hear with a new understanding, and you just want to get down on your knees and say THANK YOU for opening my eyes. You don't quite know why you've come out, but you're just grateful that you are. Then you're left with this terrible ache for your loved ones still captive.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Mavie, saw your folks at a restaurant tonight. They looked in good health, but they didn't see me. I'd rather not be seen these days, too much trouble.

BP

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I intend to only attend 1 out of 3 days week of aug 10-12. I cannot afford to take 3 days out of my work week when those 3 days are my biggest moneymakers. I am thinking of attending Sunday session. I heard the new book is Saturday, but I already downloaded my pdf copy online (and I still havent touched last years drivel, when I was still an elder) and can get a copy Sunday. Drama on Sunday, right?

Mostly I just want to see some good friends I havent seen in awhile and look at the eye candy.

Which session would you recommend as getting a good general idea of the latest nonsense? I need to show up at least one day to avoid setting off more alarms on the fade.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "probably will walk around alot ignoring the PLEASE BE SEATED signs" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit