Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

by Gnostic Bishop 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gnostic Bishop
    Gnostic Bishop

Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Job 2;3 And the LORD said unto Satan: 'Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a whole-hearted and an upright man, one that feareth God, and shunneth evil? and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.'

From what I have read in scriptures, God does not follow the advice that he gives in his WORD. The above shows him overcome by evil and replying with evil.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If we are to emulate God as scriptures say we should, should we too ignore his WORD the way he does?

At the end of days and in many biblical stories of the past, God is overcome by evil and responds with evil while telling us we should respond with good.

Which example should we follow; what God says or what God does?

I think that if God is saying, --- do as I say and not as I do, ---- that that is an immoral example that only a satanic demiurge would say. Yet it appears that that is what God is saying.

Should we follow God, --- or his advice and WORD?

They are not the same. One is good the other evil.

Regards

DL

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

He's an a-hole

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How about the commandment thou shall not kill.

But then he kills just all humanity during Noah's flood ???

• abiather
    abiather

God is source of love, hence will not cooperate with Satan the evil no matter what claims. Hence book of Job originated from human mind, not a part of God’s word. Just like some verses are not part of the God’s word (for example John 3:13 which can be uttered by Jesus only after reaching heaven, not before), there are books that are not part of God’s word. Book of Job is one such.

Hence you may go on doing what God does—confidently. What is His action like? Mathew 5:44-48.

• cofty
  • Gnostic Bishop
    Gnostic Bishop

abiather

If God is the source of love, an emotion, is he also the sourse of hate?

If not, who is the source?

Regards

DL

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?"

No, Yes.

• Gnostic Bishop
    Gnostic Bishop

You are both right V. I.

You are not true to your name.

Regards