Reasoning with JWs using Galatians

by R.F. 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.F.
    R.F.

One of the final death blows to my beliefs of WT doctrine was really pondering over Galatians 1. Paul was very clear and strong in saying that there should be no gospel preached than what they taught, and they taught the simple message of Jesus Christ coming to earth, dying in our behalf, and his resurrection. The gospel that Jehovah's Witnesses preach is obviously very different. They've put in elements that are no where to be taught by early Christian leaders.

So my question is...

How many of you have used this reasoning with the Witnesses? And if so, how did the results fare?

R.F.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Also 1 Cor 15:3-4

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

• Gordy
    Gordy

It was Galations and Romans that started me thinking that the WT was teaching the wrong Gospel.

Its just didn't fit with what the scriptures where telling me.

• Marcel
    Marcel

very interesting... so... what are these doctrines which are menmade and differ from what the original message was?

the problem i see is an old one. what actually WAS the message of the first christians? there was no great crowd? yeah, but as JWs say its described in the bible so its part of the original message.

broken down its just the old question again: do the JWs teach the truth or not. nothing new then...

or am i wrong?

• ninja
    ninja

try reasoning with them using galaxians.....much more fun

• karvel
    karvel
    try reasoning with them using galaxians.....much more fun

LOL!

• emptywords
    emptywords

I have learnt so much from Jesus preaching and what he came to earth for, his message was simple. "Love God with you're whole heart, mind and strength, and you're neighbour as yourself"

If people followed that simply law of love we would solve all our problems.

What Jesus taught on the sermon on the mount is priceless. Yet the witnesses never use it, or hardly use it. They pride themselves on being humble or meek, I find they delude themselves on this. How can one be meek and humble if they feel they have all the answers, they are right with everything, and they know their bible better than anyone, go around trying to prove points or win arguments and debates on everything from the immortality of the soul to hades, big deal, when the essence of the truth is simple and it is found in what Jesus taught.

• R.F.
    R.F.

So how you used this in discussions with the JWs?

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

R.F. you might have seen this, might not have, but that was one of my very astute "points" in my very enlightening topic "Why the WT is NOT Christian"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/135381/1.ashx

could also use Galatians in arguing against their "preaching work

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/136661/2435671/post.ashx#2435671

I've used those points in arguing w/ witnesses online. They are either ignored or brushed to the side. And I thought they cared about spreading the good news??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit