My friend was DF'ed 7 years ago - lost touch now

by Orgull 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Orgull
    Orgull

I was a good soldier, I shunned her like I was supposed to. She applied for reinstatement several times but was rejected. As far as I know she's still DF'ed.

I have no idea where she is now or how to find her. I could call her family but I don't want to raise a flag after all this time, nor do I want to open old wounds. I just want to talk to her again.

I miss her something fierce.

Now that I'm "waking up" I'd have no qualms about associating with her. But in order to find her I'd have to risk getting "caught" by her (I think) still "faithful" family and get turned in to the elders.

AARGH!

I just wanted to vent. Hey, who knows. Maybe she's a regular on these forums and we've met without knowing it. :)

Don't want to say her name outright but hey, if she's here 1) She used to go by her middle name which starts with 'A' 2) Her sister was DF'ed but was reinstated and is named after a city in Russia that starts with 'O' 3) She lived (or maybe still does) in a town with a semi-famous historical military structure, which the town ended up being named after.

-sigh-

Sad.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Orgull, try google, myspace, facebook, 411, all the searches. I found my best friend like that, even though it had been 10 years. It was not an easy search, I tried a nickname and got a hit.

• Highlander
    Highlander

It's quite easy to find people nowadays. If you're willing to part with a small amount of money, then you could easily find her using internet based companies that specialize in finding people.

If you want to find her bad enough, then you will.

• changeling
    changeling

I sincerly hope you find her. It would be a wonderful thing for both of you.

changeling

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

I went thru the same thing. I managed to find her on classmates.ca which gave me her married name. Then I found her on Facebook. She was DF'd 12 years ago. It was wonderful to talk to her again. Good Luck with your search, Bobbi

• LaniB
    LaniB

If you know her schools or even the area she went to school try schoolfriends.com or some like site. I got contacted by a friend I hadn't heard from in 20 years. I lost touch with her when I got assimmilated by the borg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit