I Raced For Life For DANSK!

by Fe2O3Girl 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

http://www.raceforlife.org/allaboutus/

The weather was lovely, not too warm, and there was plenty of shade along the course.

I managed to end up right at the back of the field, so I passed the start line about 3 minutes after the start of the race. I completed the 5K in 43 minutes, which I was really pleased about as it took ages to get past the walkers and get onto some clear road to jog.

Loads of people were lining the route to encourage us, which was lovely. Wonderful to be with 2000 other ladies all raising money to fight cancer.

I will upload some pictures later, showing my backsign - I chose to run for Ian, Dansk on JWD. As you know, Ian is currently in Christies undergoing stem cell treatment. If you want to sponsor me and help raise funds for research into treatments like this, please go to my fundraising page here:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/Fe2O3Girl

So far I have £35 sponsorship from friends and family, and three JWD posters have sponsored me. Thanks so much for all your support! Can you help me raise some more?

Rachel

• greendawn
    greendawn

Well done Fe203 that is something you wouldn't do if you were a JW since they discourage such non selfish acts for the sake of our fellow man, they want everything for themselves.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Nice job! As someone who has lost a family member to cancer I say thank you.

• hubert
    hubert

You go girl !!!

Hubert

• BFD
    BFD

This is perfect Fe203 and CONGRATULATIONS! I will admit that I have steered clear of some posts on JWD. Only because I am overly sensitive and I have a tendency to get bogged down emotionally. But this is a happy opportunity for me to show my support for Dansk.

Great work!

BFD

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Thanks so much to everyone who has sponsored me - it is a great cause!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

BTTT

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

BTTT

• free2think
    free2think

Well done Fe203girl.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Thanks so much to all that have sponsored me. The page will be open for donations until the 12th August.

Rachel x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit