Jehovahs helping Jehovahs

by cultswatter 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

It is pathetic that JWs only help JWs

http://www.mailarchive.ca/lists/misc.legal/2004-06/1314.html

g89 3/22 27 Acts of Kindness Soften the Blows of Hurricane Gilbert *** Acts of Kindness Soften the Blows of Hurricane Gilbert DURING the early morning hours of September 14, 1988, hurricane Gilbert hit the Caribbean coast of Mexico. It slammed into the states of Quintana Roo and Yucatán. On the 15th and 16th, the northern states of Tamaulipas and Nuevo León took the battering. All along its path, Gilbert cut a swath of destruction. Strong winds and torrential rains caused heavy flooding. In the southeast, 50,000 families were left homeless. In the north, 30,000 lost their homes. Some 250 people died as the hurricane ran its course of 1,000 miles [1,600 km].
    Immediately, the branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses moved into action. By Saturday, September 17, the first trucks loaded with food, clothing, and roofing materials were on their way to the Yucatán Peninsula. Two representatives from the branch traveled there to make an inspection and set up local committees to distribute the relief supplies. Quickly, more truckloads were dispatched with food and roofing materials. Government authorities also acted to provide much-appreciated assistance. First to arrive on the scene, however, were the shipments from Jehovah's Witnesses in Mexico City. This gave the Witnesses great comfort and joy. Other than the roofing materials trucked in by the Witnesses, there were none available locally, and there would be none for more than a month. It was thrilling to see how rapidly the brothers' homes were rebuilt. The place of worship for Jehovah's Witnesses in Colony Yucatán was the first structure that got its roof restored. In Mérida the building used for the circuit assemblies and district conventions of the Witnesses was flattened, and arrangements for the construction of a new place of assembly were quickly set in motion.
    Damage was great in the states of Nuevo León and Tamaulipas. Local Witnesses received immediate relief through the committee set up in Monterrey. Basic furnishings, such as beds, tables, chairs, stoves, and cooking utensils, were provided. In Monterrey itself, 32 families of Jehovah's Witnesses had lost everything they had, including their homes. With the near-zero temperatures of winter approaching, something had to be done quickly. Two Witnesses, one an architect, flew in from Mexico City. They met with elders and traveling representatives. Soon, building operations were launched to provide new homes for the 32 families. This included the purchase of property and equipment to prefabricate the needed homes. When food, clothing, and beds were quickly provided for the Witnesses, the neighbors were very impressed with the love and generosity shown by other Witnesses to their needy brothers. How much more so will they be when they see the 32 families move into their new two-bedroom homes! This is typical of the worldwide brotherhood of Jehovah's Witnesses. Not only did Witnesses in Mexico respond with materials, labor, and money to aid their brothers but so did Witnesses in other parts of the world. As soon as TV newscasts showed the devastation caused by hurricane Gilbert, contributions began coming to the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York. A small sampling follows: "Please use this small contribution to help make our brothers comfortable who were stricken by the hurricane. I would like to send more, but I had to have engine work done on my wife's car this week. I will try to send more when my next paycheck clears."
    "We contribute this to help our brothers in the hurricane area. We want them to know our love and concern. As Peter said: 'Have intense love for one another.'"-1 Peter 4:8.
    "As a small contribution to the relief efforts, please accept this check for $1,000. I wish it could be more, but what Jehovah has allowed me to have I wish to share."
    "Please accept this money order for $20. I needed all of my check and could not afford to help until I realized some of our brothers lost everything." "Enclosed is a check for $25. We would like to contribute it to the disaster fund. The gift is small, but our whole heart goes out to our dear sisters and brothers in this area." Can you imagine lending to Jehovah, the Owner of the entire universe? Nevertheless, that is what such contributors are doing, for Proverbs 19:17 says: "He that is showing favor to the lowly one is lending to Jehovah, and his treatment He will repay to him."
  • greendawn
    greendawn

Given their very negative image of the non JWs it is hard to imagine the JWs helping them out, they see them as people of Satan and opposed to their God. The idea of all this mind conditioning is to divert as much to the WTS as possible. Helping non JWs is actively discouraged.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Actually that is not always true a lot of times it is never reported what the witnesses do in natural catastophies for example. The cyclone in Queensland few months back, they helped heaps of people other than JW, supplying food blankets and other needed necessities, they also helped in parts of Africa, although it may not be the extent that many wish, they do help out, to say that they have never helped or don't is not true, and as individuls in the community many JW help, I myself do voluntree work for animal welfare. We have members of our congregation that visit old peoples homes and spend time with the lonely.

During cyclone Katrina the JW were one of the first there to get the b/s out, the government took days, they also helped others and local JW helped others and animals.

It is not all that bad, but I know that many think they do nothing all the time, but thats not true.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is only one reason why a Witless will ever help a "worldly" person out. That is to make a big impression, so they can show off the act and make the disciple. Occasionally they will help out worldly people with something other than a puketowerBible study and then put it in all the newspapers, magazines, yearbooks, and TV shows. The goal is to make people think these people are helping out where in fact these are all isolated incidents.

What I would like to see in the newspapers is all the pedophile scandals, having them get busted for the a$$embly deficits, and the crimes they commit. And the obstructions of justice, slanted language, and the discrepency between the Showcase Puketower and the Kool-Aid Puketower. Maybe then their true nature will come through and they will start to pay for their misdeeds. And people will see that all their "good deeds" are just a big show.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Not all witnesses do it to make deciples, I would like to think that myself and others I know are genuinly good people that do care about the well being of other, I think there are some Christians in the org, I do know what you are saying and that is sadly true of many but not all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit