Melbourne Catholic priest retorts with obscene and racist remarks!!

by Inquisitor 9 Replies latest social current

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

The Age article:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/07/28/1185339324816.html

The YouTube footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLkLPWKfDM

He deserves to be removed from his office, I feel. "Badly provoked" just doesn't cut it. What happened to "turn the other cheek"?

How ironic that these Catholic conservatives should have a BULLY's courage to oppose usage of RU486 and refusing gays the right to communion, BUT are COWARDS when it comes to disciplining their own. Why has the offending priest not volunteered his OWN APOLOGY?!! Loser!

INQ

• John Doe
    John Doe

I am not that offended by what he did. Nice to see a religious leader not putting on a show for once.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

John Doe,

Perhaps you are not put off by the Reverand Monsignor's use of "f-off", "you f-ing c*nt" and "you are stained by the sperm of all the boys who f-ed you!". I can understand that. Some people use such colourful language in liberal doses anyway in their daily spats/ chats. Nevermind that we're looking at a foul-mouthed priest.

But it surprises me that it doesn't offend you to hear a priest shout: "You don't belong in Australia...", "little foreigner there... seedy eyes...black hair". Reverend Monsignor was obviously not pointing out these physical traits in a descriptive manner. These racist views may be anyone's opinion. But it shouldn't come from ANY person whose job description is the oversight of the moral and spiritual welfare of society.

Does it not offend you because you have sympathy for the priest's situation? Or do you simply agree with the style of crudely informing non-Caucasians how different they look?

INQ

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Religious or not, I thought the kids were total dicks to that guy. Seems like a bunch of spoiled rich skater kids.

Whether it was a church or shopping mall those kids were assholes.

-ithinkisee

• greendawn
    greendawn

The priest went overboard but he was provoked so I tend to sympathise more with him though what he said was too crude and vulgar. These priests are celibate and may have issues because of that, being more temperamental than they should.

• ninja
    ninja

that was terrible...they kids didn't do one good skateboard stunt.....no 360 or even a 180....as for the grinds.....pffffff.....rubbish.....

• karvel
    karvel

"stained with the sperm of all these boys" wh-whaaat?!?

• emptywords
    emptywords

good on him.......go go go go go

had enough of these political correct lunnies minority, feeding the brats, we cant say anything without being called rascist yet they say heaps and get away with....halilujah

• Littledreamfaery
    Littledreamfaery

I can see why he might have been angry, but to behave in such a manner. The children should have known better than to do what they did, that can't really be denied but he should have known better, considering that he is an adult.
    According to laws in Britain once someone has been asked to move along they are required to do so, otherwise the person who has asked them to move along can request that the police move them along, if the person then refuses they can be arrested. I doubt it works the same in australia, but the children should have known better and shouldn't have kept bothering the guy.
    However, the priest should have been more tolerant, and ignored the way in which the children were acting. There is no call for anyone to make racist comments or use such language. Even if they are provoked, it only encourages others to respond to you in the same way.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

emptywords,

Calling it political-correctness gone wrong is a monstrous twist of the situation. I don't think the words that priest used should ever come out of a priest's mouth. Not if he wants to keep his job. The skateboard kids deserved to be removed from the property, but not in that fashion.

Obviously his boss agrees that he's disgraced the Catholic Church.

Rev. Monsignor Baron has been put on indefinite leave.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6925700.stm

Also, I noticed that the Youtube footage has been removed.

INQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit